Malaysian Airlines B777 still missing (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Expensive joke.
Sadly, here we are in the 21st century with science and technology at our disposal that our ancestors couldn't even begin to imagine.

And yet, there are still countless numbers of people today who still wish to live in fear and suspicion, being no different than people were hundreds of years ago, who didn't understand things around them and resorted to superstition, fear and loathing through ignorance.

Modern man has absolutely no excuse to be this way and I have nothing but complete and utter contempt for conspiracists.

Modern man has absolutely no excuse to be this way and I have nothing but complete and utter contempt for conspiracists.

I dont mind theorist coming up with a new idiotic theory about Stonehenge or lay lines or if the Roman Empire was destroyed by lead poisoning but the thousands of relatives colleagues and friends of those on the Malaysian airlines flight want to know what happened. Idiot theories about them being spirited away to secret landing strips and held as prisoners is James Bond stuff and should be denied publication. Sadly in our 15 minutes of fame society any crackpot theory will find a crackpot publisher.

I dont mind theorist coming up with a new idiotic theory about Stonehenge or lay lines or if the Roman Empire was destroyed by lead poisoning but the thousands of relatives colleagues and friends of those on the Malaysian airlines flight want to know what happened. Idiot theories about them being spirited away to secret landing strips and held as prisoners is James Bond stuff and should be denied publication. Sadly in our 15 minutes of fame society any crackpot theory will find a crackpot publisher.
Agreed.

And now, the same people who claim the passengers were abducted and the plane has been converted into a rogue ghost-ship, are saying that some "key portions" of the plane have been planted to make it "appear" that the plane crashed.

However, if by looking at the damage to the trailing edge of the flaperon, it was extended in a landing position, the water causing that particular damage. So even then, the conspiracy people are wrong, because if the plane dove or suffered an uncontrolled crash into the water, the flaperon would not have been extended.

We may never have an answer to what happened to those poor souls, but they deserve to be remembered with dignity, not the focus of some half-wit's quest for popularity and internet page ad hits.

could they get an idea if the plane disintegrated before hitting the water? Could it be determined the speed and angle the piece entered the water? I am doubtful we will ever know for sure, but there may be clues in that debris.

If there was some kind of structural failure in the a/c, sure would like to know.

could they get an idea if the plane disintegrated before hitting the water? Could it be determined the speed and angle the piece entered the water? I am doubtful we will ever know for sure, but there may be clues in that debris.

If there was some kind of structural failure in the a/c, sure would like to know.
If you look at the flaperon recovered, you'll see that it is structurally intact except for the trailing edge. In order for the damage on the trailing edge to happen like that, it had to be extended (they extend downward when deployed) and struck a surface, such as water, which would result in this type of damage.

Image from Los Angeles Times article: What a six-foot chunk of plane debris might bring to the MH370 mystery - LA Times

600x338.jpg

Doesn't happen so often with newer airliners at least, 747's are mostly pretty old ;).

Certainly taking their time over identifying the pieces but they have to get it right after all.

Its a formal process, has to be in France as Reunion is a French territory, people from Boeing must be there, people from Malaysian airlines must be there, representatives of the relatives lots of aviation experts and marine biologists oceanographers........then all the parties must be officially advised etc etc etc

There are a lot of hotels booked in Toulouse.

It always worries me when so called experts make ill advised prognostications on very limited data. Both quoted in that article have only seen a handful of photographs of the part in question and, unsurprisingly, have come to virtually diametrically opposed conclusions. They'd do well to keep quiet until the proper analyses have been completed. It is this sort of speculation by people who should know better that fuels even less informed speculation that leads to some of the more ridiculous theories that develop.

I think that the damage to the trailing edge clearly demonstrates the use of an alien tractor beam, used in an attempt to capture the aeroplane intact and provide plentiful live samples for an extraterrestrial anal probing programme... see what I mean :)

Cheers

Steve

Stona dont worry , the Daily Mail is on the case. They have an expert who can "pinpoint" the crash site by examining photos of the "barnacles" stuck to the wing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back