Missing members

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

parsifal

Colonel
Apr 6, 2008
Orange NSW
A couple of long term members ive not heard from in ages. I was wondering if anyone else might know if they are okay. The two that come to mind are Njaco and Vic Balshaw.

Does anyone know if these guys are okay? There are probably a lot of other missing members as well, but these two are fairly well known to me.

Vic Balshaw is quite active on the FB. Also Njaco can be found there. So I guess they are fine

I honestly wish the FB page would go away. The forum is so much better.
There is not much activity on it is there? Apart from Jan posting all kinds of pictures, that it. I don't look on it much, but I think it serves a purpose for more being a backup if something happens on the forum. And I use it sometimes to communicate about things non-forum related.

well you can officially refer to me as the 'old guy" I think. did not know what FB meant, did not know there was an "FB" link for this forum, and did not know chris and vic (and sure many others) are being seen there.

Still doesn't overcome the issue that they are not around here much these days, but does solve the worry as to whether they are okay.....

Good to hear they're ok.
Didn't know the forum had a facebook page. How do you get to it, and do I need to be signed up to facebook to use it? I guess I'm old too, never had anything to do with Facebook.

Apart from getting notifications about posts on the 'forum' FB page, I haven't a clue how to use it - and don't really want to know either. Why would I want to read posts from strangers all over the World, informing me what they had for breakfast, where they are going and what they are doing, and when they last had a s*** ??!!

Why would I want to read posts from strangers all over the World, informing me what they had for breakfast, where they are going and what they are doing, and when they last had a s*** ??!!
YES, YES, YES, and YES again. Now I do/did know what FB stood for and I have looked at some of it though I personally have never been involved with it. There is good "stuff" on it but 90% IMHO is the kind of stuff Terry posted. People use it to sell things and we actually bought our white GSD through a FB contact. Friends from back in Joliet use it to stay in contact so those are nuggets. A semi-positive is the less restrictive regulations on what can be posted/discussed but there are negatives as well to that sort of posting. For me I just can't abide all the posted CREPE and I just keep thinking over and over "Yea, so, who gives a flying fork!!" Then the phoney so called "News" that gets posted and people actually believe

Several others as well, Bill (N451U) and Tough Hombre. I notice that when you click on their avatar there is no date as when last visited. There is an option to not be visible on the forum so perhaps they are using that.

A couple of my friends refer to FB as 'Face ache ' !

Or Ar*e book. I signed up and then was inundated with notices of "potential friends" on my gmail account, including one resident of this area who the police were actively looking for and soon after caught. 95% of these suggestions were friends with someone in my gmail address book. Fortunately my private email address book was not invaded.

After 48 hours I listed all Facebook mail as spam on my gmail account. I looked at shutting the FB account down and that is far harder than starting an account so I have just not revisited it since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back