Missing members

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well some differ in that opinion and they are much more active on FB than here. I cannot judge that. People come and go on a forum like this, and even while I don't like that, there is nothing we can do. I wish Njaco would come back as a member and a valued friend, I do miss his contributions, but I cannot change that he decided to not stick around here and move his activities to FB.

I use Facebook from time to time. I use it to communicate with Adler and some other members of this forum as well. The chat function on FB is more convenient to me than the PM system on this forum. I'm also still in touch with some older 'dissapeared' members on the forum through Facebook, like evangilder, lesofprimus, Erich, graugeist and Njaco. Some have even briefly returned recently because of it and I hope they will come back more. We'll see...

My primary activity on FB has been to post on 355th Fighter Group site the day by day combat diray ond photos from Our Might Always - History of the 355th FG in WWII" as well as very active in Irish Wolfhound pages plus 355th -Takhli site for Vietnam.

2016 and 2017 were great years to lose friends on FB over Obama/Hillary/Trump battles.

I love Facebook for keeping up with friends and family all over the world. It is convenient for that.

I however prefer the "family" of the forum here. I wish our old members would return and be more active as well, including Njaco Njaco , lesofprimus lesofprimus , Erich Erich , evangilder evangilder , GrauGeist GrauGeist , Matt308 Matt308 , and so many more than is possible to list.

At least they are still alive and well. I wondered what had happened to them and now I know. I have never and never will be on FB. I spend enough time here with all of you. Maybe someday they will return to the fold.

I love Facebook, it's excellent to keep up with people that are not members here and for the special interest groups etc., etc., friends and family....well, you're my friends and family too, you know what I mean....
As it is, this forum has become a home as well....f*ck, I'm getting severe withdrawal symptoms, everytime this place goes down, me no likey that one bit!
Every night (day for others) on my break, which is between 01:00-02:00 am, I pop in here....you lot have become somewhat of an addiction to me....a good one that is!

... and I am guilty of the shift in direction .... but his thread has morphed into something much more dynamic than his original concept, IMO. In private mail with Wurger some time ago I described the interplay that now goes on with Wurger, V2, me, and other regulars as a kind of "dueling banjos"... in pictures :) ... someone picks a theme (randomly) and others pick it up and play off that theme. In its present incarnation Picture of the Day generates momentum ... and pursues stories. I'm sorry GrauGeist was put off by the misappropriation of 'his' thread but the idea had a life of its own :) .... and I think reaction from visitors and members confirm this.

Last edited:
Got a text from VIC in Oz. He is well, had a quiet "Chrissy" and is eating leftovers for the next 3 days.
Dashing through the bush, in a rusty Holden Ute,

Kicking up the dust, esky in the boot,

Kelpie by my side, singing Christmas songs,

It's summer time and I am in my singlet, shorts and thongs Oh!

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,

Christmas in Australia on a scorching summer's day, Oh!

Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut!,

Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back