Missing members

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi guys. I'm still here. I poke in but don't do much. To tell the truth, my enthusiasm has waned the last few years. I've retired and that has been a mistake. The last year at work was the roughest. I have had medical issues and so has the Pre-wife. It just gets tough. And the Forum has changed. I can't keep up with the changing looks and to be honest I don't like it. Its a little tough to get around. I miss the spirited engagements with fellow members and nutjobs but that hasn't happened especially since everybody is checked at the door now. So this hasn't become the refuge I used to enjoy. I've run out of gas. But I'm still around.

Hi guys. I'm still here. I poke in but don't do much. To tell the truth, my enthusiasm has waned the last few years. I've retired and that has been a mistake. The last year at work was the roughest. I have had medical issues and so has the Pre-wife. It just gets tough. And the Forum has changed. I can't keep up with the changing looks and to be honest I don't like it. Its a little tough to get around. I miss the spirited engagements with fellow members and nutjobs but that hasn't happened especially since everybody is checked at the door now. So this hasn't become the refuge I used to enjoy. I've run out of gas. But I'm still around.
Sorry to hear about the health issues, take care, a shame to leave after such a long time and so many posts.

Chris, wonderful to hear from you, though your circumstances don't sound great.

Just know that there are a lot of people in this place that are in your corner. Maybe we cant do that much to physically help your situation, but at least knowing there are people in this place that value your company and your knowledge might be some comfort....I hope.

Thanks everyone. One of my peeves is the constant - or so it seems - changing of this place. Each time I have to check my threads to see if anything has changed. Pics gone, text disappeared. Its frustrating and tiresome. And it really isn't as easy as it used to be.

But I'm still here ad will be. I just saw Gary in Wildwood this past summer and hopefully get to see some of you. I keep plugging away.

Chris, you have to get out. That invitation for Amsterdam was not totally a joke ;)
Even better, safe some money and come with us to the Flying Legends at Duxford this year, met Terry and Karl and who else shows up, after that you can take Wendi to London for a few days.

Great to hear from you Chris!

It's certainly changed but with more involvement from David it's running better than it has for a while. Worth getting to know the new for,eat as the worst thing to do is to isolate yourself.

Not so much my health as the Pre-wife. She had lung cancer and they took out half her lung. Its one year anniversary but it has been tough. As for retirement, I did in February only to have the State drag its feet getting me my pension check - 7 months and they lost one of the checks! - and the bills piled up as we went through our savings. Broke as Hillary on November 9th and trying to find a job. Not bitching but this stuff just wears on you and you loose enthusiasm for stuff. Thanks all.

I can understand your frustrations there Chris.
I qualified for the State Pension as of March 1st last year, and it took four months to get the first payment, after chasing around half the country, by 'phone, virtually daily - and even then they got it wrong, and still owe me some money !
It certainly ate into my savings, but at least I'm now back on track, and finding lots to do. Modelling is a great help in retirement, and, in summer, getting out and about to air shows etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back