Malaysian Airlines B777 still missing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nuuumannn

Major
Oct 12, 2011
Nelson
BBC link to news story. Very unusual how a modern airliner can just vanish in this day and age.

BBC News - China urges Malaysia to intensify search for flight MH370

The Daily Mail reported that it collided with another aircraft a couple of years ago as news casters round the world are desperate for a story.

Missing Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 plane collided with another plane 2 years ago | Mail Online

Very sad for the families of the missing people aboard.

It's amazing, but not impossible. I don't know off the top of my head the depth of the Gulf of Thailand is or the time window between loss of contact and SAR efforts undertaken. If she did go down over the water, it's plausible the wreckage sank or drifted far away from the search area. AF 447 was found in the middle of the Atlantic, so I believe it's a question of time before substantial evidence is found.

This still sucks, and my heart goes out to the victims and the those they left behind.

Something out of a Bermuda triangle story,with all the satellites,radar, search vehicles etc not one clue yet...Unbelievable.Poor families

I'd wait a few months before saying that the plane cannot be found. Its under water in the Gulf of Siam, and its only a matter of time before the blackboxes are heard.

The Gulf of Siam is also a lot shallower than the mid Atlantic where the Air France jet went down. Its only 260ft at its deepest, rather than 20,000 feet where AF came to rest. That makes it a lot easier to find.

it still amazes me about AF 447 that they didnt give out a mayday or even report a problem. granted in the midst of a crisis the pilot is more concerned with flying the plane...getting it under control but there were other crew on the flight deck and it took them several minutes to finally crash. to me it makes sense but yet it doesnt....if you arent familiar with the circumstances around 447 here's a tragic video. what is simular is there is no debris field ( not yet anyways )....its tragic and my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lBUf4HbIa8

I think the circumstances suggest something to do with the airplane went wrong - little to wreckage would mean no explosion; otherwise debris would be spread far and wide mostly on the surface. ...horrendously hopefully it would seem to me that it dove in at speed, meaning any wreckage and debris is mostly all under water and the passengers and crew had little time to become as aware or reactive as I wouldn't wish to be if I was in such a situation myself.

if it wasn't the (alleged) usual 'overworked' mid to near end of a part life Boeing tail/rudder control component failure, then perhaps the pressurisation/oxygen generation issue related.

Also the traffic controllers radar info you'd usually expect to be released are sketchy at best to non-existent; suggesting a partial news blackout/gag - the PRC and Boeing related influences have enough pull for that in my book of likely what ifs.

I hope all who suffered onboard knew nothing and that their families, friends and loved ones will be given the correct and actual reasons in as speedy and above board manner ASAP.

RIP all onboard.

Last edited:
I don't find it particularly strange or amazing - very sad, yes, and my heart goes out to those waiting to hear about their loved ones.
OK, it's wrong to speculate, but a sudden 'disappearance' like this, without any distress call or other communication, to me points to one of two things - onboard explosive terrorist action, or shot down.
A news photo yesterday showed what looked like an emergency exit hatch floating on the surface of the sea, so a possibility of catastrophic break up perhaps?

A very sad loss and sorrowful times for the families and friends of lost ones. But also a mystery, it is hard to think that mechanical failure would happen and we not hear something. Terrorism, a hostile act or some freak storm (it is rainy season up that way). Who knows, only time may tell and I just hope the Malaysian authorities and others push hard enough to find out.

They were talking today that the aircraft made a turn and flew for several hundred km after dropping off the radar. I can understand turning around in an emergency but for the crew to not radio a message strikes me as odd.

Also curious about the two Iranians with stolen passports on board.

Just as likely as the two seconds vid above, is it going to be a Chinese 9/11 type fix up scenario, so they can claim some mear the crash sites islands for resources as their own in general revenge. ...Wasn't their a lot of Chinese killed in SE Asia in riots in Singapore not long ago?

Last edited:
Flyboy needs to chime in on this. Aren't these "glass" cockpits designed that even if there were still a total electrical failure or computer crash; a few vital instruments will still operate because they are analog in design? And isn't the emergency communications system designed to be separate from the main radio system?

back around 2000 we had a couple aircraft divert to our airport due to crappy weather. after i got all the passengers off i rode along with the flight crew as they taxed the plane over to where we were going to park the plane until they got the green light to go. there wasnt anything in that cockpit that wasnt glass. the sensors or reading devices might have been mechanical ( like the pitot tubes, etc ) but they were displayed on a digital screen....and that was like i said 14 years ago or more.

and razor i dont trust the chinese either.....the bulk of the hacking of our financial systems, technical corporations, military, and intelligence agencies comes from universities ( or military installations) in china.

The Chinese just released an image taken by their satellites on Sunday of three objects floating in the vicinity of the last known radar contact/radio transmission. Over three days later they release this "finding" and there is now an oil platform worker who has just now decided to tell everyone he saw a "fireball" in the sky near where the aircraft was last known.

However, no wreckage, no fuel/oil slick and no signal from the black box (transmits for 30 days) has been confirmed found. Even Air France had debris floating in the vicinity and it broke up after it struck the water. Even if it was hit by an A2A or S2A missile, it would have left debris. Luggage, seat cushions, insulation, food water containers and body parts float.

Add to the mystery that several sources claim that several of the passenger's cellphones are still active (ringing when called) and the report of Malaysian AF radars tracking it moving to the west from it's last known location (heading towards the straits of Malacca).

Perhaps a hijacking from the Quiger (spelling) Islamist natives or western China (old Shikang state) and the party are keeping the lid sealed..
Certainly the lack of usual info, enough typical debris yet found and some government or anothers offering concilation 'improve safety' like rhetoric implies... mexicans (sorry went top gear like then) *ahem* I mean Aliens did it if nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back