Malaysian Airlines B777 still missing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dont rule out mechanical failure yet. The aircraft went from cruising altitude to 12K, something that would be done as emergency SOP.

http://news.yahoo.com/pilots-tried-save-mh370-193000845--politics.html

i dont rule anything out....the likely scenarios narrow in scope but with the absence of concrete information its going to be hard to determine exactly what transpired. the flight crew and passengers could have been incapatictated ( by accident or deliberate ) and the plane kept flying on like the payne stewart incident...or...or ..or...

If the transponders were turned off then unlikely accidental.
As aviation 'experts' we should be wary of making uneducated guesses and sticking to the facts.

If the transponders were turned off then unlikely accidental.
As aviation 'experts' we should be wary of making uneducated guesses and sticking to the facts.

We don't know if the transponders were turned off or failed, it's just funny that everything went to hell right after their last RT.

Some of these guesses are far from uneducated. Their flight path and altitude decent is consistant with a crew dealing with an emergency - FACT. There is debris being spotted in an area that has a high probability of their LKP - FACT. The current criminal investigation has revealed nothing fishy about the crew - FACT. No terrorist organization has taken cred for this - FACT. And as I write this....

http://news.yahoo.com/satellite-spots-122-objects-malaysia-jet-search-113841013--finance.html

".....revealed nothing fishy about the crew"

The Malaysian gov't has demonstrated incompetence from the outset of this tragedy .... and has a history of 'suppressing' the country's legitimate political opposition. FACT. The leader of the opposition was found guilty of buggery the morning of the flight. FACT. The pilot was in attendance at that trial, that morning, before his flight.

That is not fishy, but it's very sad. If the pilot sacrificed his aircraft and trusting passengers for political ends it is very, very troubling. If this is the case, the pilot, by his actions, has exposed the current Malaysian gov't to the scrutiny of the world.

No doubt, his very intention.

Last edited:
".....revealed nothing fishy about the crew"

The Malaysian gov't has demonstrated incompetence from the outset of this tragedy .... and has a history of 'suppressing' the country's legitimate political opposition. FACT. The leader of the opposition was found guilty of buggery the morning of the flight. FACT. The pilot was in attendance at that trial, that morning, before his flight.

That is not fishy, but it's very sad. If the pilot sacrificed his aircraft and trusting passengers for political ends it is very, very troubling. If this is the case, the pilot, by his actions, has exposed the current Malaysian gov't to the scrutiny of the world.

No doubt, his very intention.

I doubt this 18,000 hour pilot would do this considering most of his passengers were Chinese, and he knew this. If he wanted to make a political statement, he could have done it right at take off with a spectacular crash for the whole world to see. I don't buy this at all!

"... I don't buy this at all!"

Then we agree to disagree. Time will tell all.

Attachments

• article-2581817-1C56DB9E00000578-105_964x699.jpg
    article-2581817-1C56DB9E00000578-105_964x699.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Just saw a picture on TV of a guy looking out the window of a P-3 as they were searching for the plane. The engine was visible and the prop was stopped and feathered. I would guess it is normal to shut down an engine (or two?) to increase endurance. Any P-3 experts out there?

Just saw a picture on TV of a guy looking out the window of a P-3 as they were searching for the plane. The engine was visible and the prop was stopped and feathered. I would guess it is normal to shut down an engine (or two?) to increase endurance. Any P-3 experts out there?

SOP on P-3s. They'll cruise to the patrol area on 4 engines and patrol on 2 to save fuel.

There was something today about it being tracked at 43,000 feet ten another that it descended to 12,000 feet, I hope they get the recorders to solve it.

We don't know if the transponders were turned off or failed, it's just funny that everything went to hell right after their last RT.

Some of these guesses are far from uneducated. Their flight path and altitude decent is consistant with a crew dealing with an emergency - FACT. There is debris being spotted in an area that has a high probability of their LKP - FACT. The current criminal investigation has revealed nothing fishy about the crew - FACT. No terrorist organization has taken cred for this - FACT. And as I write this....

http://news.yahoo.com/satellite-spots-122-objects-malaysia-jet-search-113841013--finance.html

What facts? The info In the public domain? We only know what they tell us.

Even their vertical flight profile is doubtful. It all comes from primary radar, which is not designed to give altitude information, and gets more unreliable at greater distances, and with unfavourable atmospheric conditions.

Thats right - verifiable by two or three different news sources and the people actually looking for the wreckage (RAAF, USN).

Incorrect. No proof yet other than flotsam.
Remember this is a criminal case/ suicide/ political/ judicial/ embarrassing/ plenty of blame so first rule is to be very quiet and give nothing away

Incorrect. No proof yet other than flotsam.Remember this is a criminal case/ suicide/ political/ judicial/ embarrassing/ plenty of blame so first rule is to be very quiet and give nothing away

I give you that but although we know there's tons of junk in the water this has been the biggest clue yet and will probably pan out due to its proximity to the calculated LKP. The news here says the pilot's computer checked out clean.

What ever happened to Global Air Traffic Management (GATM), a GPS navigation system the deletes the requirement for ground radar. If it was implemented we would have had better positioning data until it would have been shut down.

My recommendation and possible results of this would be implement GATM and install emergency GPS based beacon that would activate and broadcast position when power is removed from GATM system. This would have solved this problem and would also track any hijacked plane. I don't think it would be too expensive since most aircraft already have GPS and should be compatible with GATM. How much could a GPS based emergency beacon cost. Many cars have this capability. How expensive has it been to try to find this plane and I do think finding the plane is vitally important.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back