Malaysian Airlines B777 still missing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A smoldering fire would have been detected long before it became a conflagration. Plenty of time to shout a warning.

A quickly spreading fire would still be detected in enough time for a crewman to shout an SOS on the radio.

And why would the pilot turn around in an in fight emergency to go to Langkawi when Ho Chi Mihn City (and a couple other strips that could be used in an emergency) is closer?

This scenario just doesnt pan out.

Last edited:
"...Ongoing speculation of a hijacking and/or murder-suicide and that there was a flight engineer on board does not sway me in favor of foul play until I am presented with evidence of foul play...."

Let's see what the FBI can recover from the pilot's home-built, hard-drive erased, flight simulator. What did he practice ....?

The things that makes me think it was not a sudden explosion was the gradual shut down of systems.

That's the same thing that has me thinking against the pilot shutting them all down. It doesn't take too long to manually shut down all the radios

Seems as though wreckage has been found off the coast off Australia.
Which means it flew until ran out of fuel and crashed.
So that would point to crew and passengers unconscious but aircraft flying on its own.
Gets odder and odder.

He was more likely to be a WW2 sim fan - the Il2 community has a quite a few persons from around that area - also he could have had some airline sims, to learn new routes and airports more than anything dodgy.

The undercarrage related smoldering electrical fire knocking things out as it burns the insulation oxidises the wiring to further shorts, seems to jump to the fore more so now...

Tough mission for the pilots,8hr flight plus 2hr search window,hopefully weather does not play too much of a role in their mission and they get back home safe..

latest theory is the pilots took the plane to a taliban controlled area of pakistan. the purpose? paint it up in different colors..load it with explosives and pull off another 9/11 attack. isreal is beefing up air security and closely scrutinizing all commercial flights in and out of the country. not saying i believe it but it isnt as far fetched as it is possible.

latest theory is the pilots took the plane to a taliban controlled area of pakistan. the purpose? paint it up in different colors..load it with explosives and pull off another 9/11 attack. isreal is beefing up air security and closely scrutinizing all commercial flights in and out of the country. not saying i believe it but it isnt as far fetched as it is possible.

Would the jet have the range as I thought that commercial flights were fueled according to their final destination.

Geo

Would the jet have the range as I thought that commercial flights were fueled according to their final destination.

Geo
They don't fuel them with exactly what they need, they have a little extra for weather diversions, and always there's some reserve.

The nearest Pakistan territory is no farther away than Beijing, but with all the problems between India and Pakistan, you wouldn't think any big aircraft could fly over that area undetected.
Plus how many remote airfields could handle a 400,000 lbs. aircraft ?

Honestly, I can't believe the theories put forth by the major media outlets. I shouldn't be blind to possible theories, but I have seen nothing that would indicate a reason for the pilots to deliberately fly the plane as suggested by the radar.

actually pakistan supposedly has a lot of runways that can handle that size plane.....and flying over india could be cloaked or shadowed by another commercial flight. like i said it is an interesting theory and not out of the realm of possibility but i am not ready to start digging a fallout shelter yet....here's some sources on the subject.

Former USAF general says US govt knows missing Malaysian plane is in Pakistan |

Malaysia Hunts for Missing Jet in Pakistan Israel Preps for Attack-

Lt. Gen. McInerney: Flight 370 Could Have Landed in Pakistan | Fox News Insider

You just don't take a plane the size of a 777 and re-paint it - even if you want to use it for a one way trip. There are weight and balance considerations and I doubt you'll find anyone dumb enough to try to fly the aircraft from a take off to attack a target on a suicide mission if the aircraft was re-painted with "brush and rollers." You'll need ground support equipment, tow bars, tugs, etc. Above 18,000 feet you're in class "A" airspace and unless you're on a flight plan you're going to become an immediate bogey. 911 was a better plan....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back