MAN BUILDS HIS OWN SPITFIRE

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Neat, but I like the one I saw this summer more. It's slightly bigger (70% scale) but the lines are almost perfect and it's hard to distinguish it from a real Spitfire in the air.

IMG_0177 reduced.jpg

If you're going to go through all the money, effort, and time, why not just build it to scale? I mean, the cost different between 70% scale and 100% scale can't be that much of a difference. You still building all the same parts.

Lessons and licensing is too expensive for my income. Plus I might not pass the physical with a stent and coronary artery disease.

actually, a guy a I know..a retired airline pilot and licensed A&P is building a mk9 at this moment in his garage. its all wood...a 2 seater and will have an Allison power plant. I had pics on my old phone...will see if I can get some new ones. the last time I saw it he was covering the fuse with this honeycomb stuff, and plywood.
look at air heritage in beaver county facebook...or search Jack Roethlisberger spitfire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back