Manuals People are looking for (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CR -- With the Canadian Warplane museum in Hamilton, Ontario.
Geo - There is no site but I can post as we progress. It will not be for a year or so as I am presently restoring a CF-104 that was mounted outside the museum. As an update, we have a TBM that is probably going to have a run-up later this summer or fall. My main project is the restoration to flying condition of a deHavilland Tracker (#577). Used to fly Voodoos out of Comox (great aircraft!)

Last edited:
Very cool Tracker. I was just by the museum last Thursday. Keep up the great work.

I know of two Voodoos in my area. One is at the Calgary Aerospace Museum now called The Hangar and the other is at the Reynolds Museum in Wetaskiwin. You could try contacting them but I give it a very slim chance that they can help you.

Hi all,

Looking for Lockheed hardware book. Book that has LS aircraft parts so I can find common AN parts that match. Working on P-38. Thank you for your time.

Randy

I couldn't find the specific T.O. documents you need freely available online. The good news is that they are available for as little as $5 here: P-38 Lightning - Blueprints, Drawings & Documents | AirCorps Library

The parts catalog and interchangeable parts list are probably the documents you will be most interested in, although the whole document set would probably be good to have if you're actually working on a P-38.

Hi all,

Looking for Lockheed hardware book. Book that has LS aircraft parts so I can find common AN parts that match. Working on P-38. Thank you for your time.

Randy
Hi Randy - I worked at Lockheed for a number of years and know of the manual you are looking for. I don't know if realize that some LS hardware were actually specially made and there is no AN equivalent. I'll look around in my stash and see if I could find anything that might help you. Good luck!

Last edited:
Out of curiosity - what are "AN" parts? I assume the LS parts are Lockheed OEM.

"Army-Navy" standard parts made to a standard spec., nuts bolts, rivets, washers, etc.

Thank you - seems obvious after the fact. I'm currently plowing through the book The Big "L": American Logistics in World War II and the procurement disorganization of WWI is discussed as a prelude to the formation of the Joint Munitions Board and other government bodies to help coordinate the procurement efforts of the Army and Navy.

Hi Randy - I worked at Lockheed for a number of years and know of the manual you are looking for. I don't know if realize that some LS hardware were actually specially made and there is no AN equivalent. I'll look around in my stash and see if I could find anything that might help you. Good luck!
Thank you for your time. The blueprints call out for LS parts number on parts like dzuses and does not show common part numbers.

Hello All,
Does anyone know what I can find the Specific Engine Flight Chart for a P-47D-25 Thunderbolt?
The information I am looking for is the various engine power and RPM versus manifold pressure.
The specific engine would be a R-2800-59 I believe.

I am looking for some of the other P-47D series SEFC's as well.

Thanks in advance.
- Ivan.

Go to post 33 here, download the D-25 through 35 manual and the chart is on page 36.

Thanks Crimea_River,

I downloaded that manual long ago. That table has most of what I am looking for but does not have the engine power under each operating condition as one might find in a SEFC.

- Ivan.

Thanks Crimea_River,

I downloaded that manual long ago. That table has most of what I am looking for but does not have the engine power under each operating condition as one might find in a SEFC.

- Ivan.

Not quite the -59, but -21 with water-injection was still wery good, even if just up to 2300 HP: table

Not quite the -59, but -21 with water-injection was still wery good, even if just up to 2300 HP: table

Hello Tomo Pauk,

Thanks. I already found a table for the R-2800-21 in one of the other manuals.
I have not followed your link to confirm it is the same one, because I already have the data I need for that engine which would have been correct for the P-47B.
The aircraft I am specifically interested in are the P-47D-23, D-25, and D-27 which I believe all had the -59 engine but the power output may have differed a bit.
I believe the R-2800-59 would have been about 200 to 250 HP higher in both Military and Emergency Ratings than the -21 and I have seen two descriptions which do not quite agree which is why I am looking for this particular SEFC.

- Ivan.

Hello Tomo Pauk,

Thanks. I already found a table for the R-2800-21 in one of the other manuals.
I have not followed your link to confirm it is the same one, because I already have the data I need for that engine which would have been correct for the P-47B.
The aircraft I am specifically interested in are the P-47D-23, D-25, and D-27 which I believe all had the -59 engine but the power output may have differed a bit.
I believe the R-2800-59 would have been about 200 to 250 HP higher in both Military and Emergency Ratings than the -21 and I have seen two descriptions which do not quite agree which is why I am looking for this particular SEFC.

- Ivan.

The -59 was still the B series R-2800, with 2700 rpm, and military power of 2000 HP, that equaled manifold pressure of 52 in Hg. You can check out the manifold pressure on that manual. War emergency manifold pressure, 'wet', on 130 grade fuel was 64 in Hg when new water-injection set was used, that indeed corresponds with power of 2560-2600 HP (depending on altitude, between SL and ~22000 ft ). Old w.i. sets, like those installed on the 'leagcy' -21s, as used on P-47Ds earlier than -25s, were still limiting the manifold pressure to 58 in Hg, corresponding with 2300 HP power.
The C series of R-2800, with rpm increased to 2800, have had military power of 2100 HP in ww2 and on 130 grade fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back