Marcel and Adler’s Euro Cup 2024 Thread (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

England has a better chance than Germany. These young kids don't play as a team like the former German teams. Back in the day, the Germans did not always field the best squad, but they outplayed their opponents as a team. Not anymore.
England lost 0-1 and were utterly dire last night, at Wembley against Iceland who could easily have won by more. The first thing I heard on the radio this morning was "Are England still favourites", its like a Monty Python sketch, reality isnt allowed to intervene.

England lost 0-1 and were utterly dire last night, at Wembley against Iceland who could easily have won by more. The first thing I heard on the radio this morning was "Are England still favourites", its like a Monty Python sketch, reality isnt allowed to intervene.
It's called "British humor" I'm told. So it is like Monty Python, although they actually were 20% 16% American.

Last edited:
It's called "British humour" I'm told. So it is like Monty Python, although they actually were 20% American.
British humour doesnt apply to the Euro's because each UK nation competes separately, I found this demonstration of the United Kingdom's unity in football.
1717945866462.png

We just wiped the floor with Iceland. 4-0.

We just wiped the floor with Iceland. 4-0.
According to UK pundits that means that England will win, everything means England will win. I say "UK pundits" because they ask Scots Irish and Welsh pundits and former players what team England should put out and how they should play, as if any Scot, Irish or Welshman ever wanted England to win anything. From the mass of discussion England are the obvious favourites and no matter who they play or how they play they should win. I cant wait for it to actually start, I am losing the will to live with this endless BS.

I wanted England to win with Gascoigne. I did. Somehow, he, in the team had all, skill, drive team geist. His fellow players worked for him as he did for them. It cost him in the end.

I know he then had troubles but he could play.

I do think England needs a odd fish in the pond to make it passed 1/4 final then, as it does now.
Not a striker but a mid fielder. There were the game is won.
Where is the odd fish. The one that can battle and have a sweet pass.

I wanted England to win with Gascoigne. I did. Somehow, he, in the team had all, skill, drive team geist. His fellow players worked for him as he did for them. It cost him in the end.

I know he then had troubles but he could play.

I do think England needs a odd fish in the pond to make it passed 1/4 final then, as it does now.
Not a striker but a mid fielder. There were the game is won.
Where is the odd fish. The one that can battle and have a sweet pass.
Gnrally players have Gascoigne's flair coached out of them. A player that fits that description is Kevin de Breune a Belgian player who plays for Manchester city. He is a brilliant passer of the ball, many of his passes are intercepted or miss but a lot dont and result in a goal. However in a game that is now controlled by "stats" he gives away possession a lot, his manager puts up with that because it is worth it. Younger, less famous players are not indulged in the same way and have that coached out of them. Kevin de Breune himself was let go by Chelsea because the manager at the time considered he was "wasteful with the ball"

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back