Marcel and Adler’s Euro Cup 2024 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So far I am not impressed with England at all.

I thought they were supposed to be the greatest thing since Fish and Chips. What happened?
all decent players that have had great seasons with their clubs, turn into part time journeymen when they put on the England shirt !

been happening for far too long now.

i am a massive Harry Kane fan , yet apart from his goal he was a shadow of himself tonight and was lucky to not be subbed at half time !
same with Foden and Bellingham, Saka was a little better but not much.

hope they find some form in the next game.

all decent players that have had great seasons with their clubs, turn into part time journeymen when they put on the England shirt !

i am a massive Harry Kane fan , yet apart from his goal he was a shadow of himself tonight and was lucky to not be subbed at half time !

England fans know my pain then. You just described the German team since 2018. :D

Kane plays for my favorite club team, Bayern Munich. He had a great season for us.

Cannot expect anything else when you have a social studies teacher in charge of the team, happily he cant get relegated, which is Southgates only claim to fame in football management.

England fans know my pain then. You just described the German team since 2018. :D

Kane plays for my favorite club team, Bayern Munich. He had a great season for us.
Bayern have just caught the English disease by appointing Kompany, he got Burnley relegated but played "the right way" he spent a season telling his players to play in a way that guaranteed losing but "in the right way".

Bayern have just caught the English disease by appointing Kompany, he got Burnley relegated but played "the right way" he spent a season telling his players to play in a way that guaranteed losing but "in the right way".

Yeah I'm not sure what to think of that. Fortunately Bayern is too talented to get relegated. Bayern also is a results now team. They have no qualms sacking a coach not getting results.

Cannot expect anything else when you have a social studies teacher in charge of the team, happily he cant get relegated, which is Southgates only claim to fame in football management.
i think it's been happening long before Southgate, who i don't actually mind as manager.

at least the last 2 generations of England players seem to wilt under the pressure of playing for England.

i think it's been happening long before Southgate, who i don't actually mind as manager.

at least the last 2 generations of England players seem to wilt under the pressure of playing for England.

You would think at this point there would be no pressure. Team has not won anything since 1966. Just play, no pressure… lol

Have a bit of a soft spot for....

836936-074fca7a3255bee6bc0af44ed01ffa6e.png

Group B standings after two games.

Spain is qualified for the round of 16. Italy will likely take 2nd. Hoping Croatia takes them out though.

IMG_6330.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back