Matchbox 1/72 B-17G "The Black Bitch" Assembly Ship

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff.
Maybe the light grey on the fin is a little too dark though ? Perhaps re-paint in 'off white', for scale effect. Just a touch of light grey mixed with white.
The old Matchbox B-17 kit was fairly good for the time, but from what I've seen (and I rarely build in 1/72nd scale) the newish Revell kit is very good, and the relatively recent Airfix kit looks very good indeed, possibly the best B-17 in this scale.

Off the get go, this one as it has the "White Circle "C"" as markings in the box. I just need to find some greyed out Stars and Bars.

1571932219252.png

Hungarian Aero Decals makes quite a few options but hard to find and $$$$$$$$$$$$$. i.e. .....for the B-17F I have....

1571932515393.png

As for other options, 148pgs of which to do.....which to do?

1571932677353.png

I got some color applied, Looks cool in black. I'm surprised we didn't see more like this

XZmm4ol.jpg

kRRzCaZ.jpg

OAIdvQ3.jpg

You can see the mask for the tail was in place prior to painting

bkboEHv.jpg

Mask removed and the color underneath revealed

ppSC6v2.jpg

156LkkS.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look at my project.

100 Group in the RAF used black undersides and DE/DG uppers, and the Luftwaffe had a couple of captured examples with black undersides and various types of upper camo, and all look much more menacing than the USAAF olive green or natural metal.

100 Group in the RAF used black undersides and DE/DG uppers, and the Luftwaffe had a couple of captured examples with black undersides and various types of upper camo, and all look much more menacing than the USAAF olive green or natural metal.
I agree they were more menacing. Alas there are few known black Forts during the war. I'm not even sure there were any black Libs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back