Me 109 Airfix 1/24 just for fun

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for all your comments gentlemen!
Nice to hear that some of you have this kit also in stock and now are trough my "quick fun build" inspired to "reanimate" it :D
You need a little time, tons of putty, sometimes good nerves, a airbrush and a bottle of beer in range ;)
At all this is indeed a old kit what shows it´s age.. but absolutely worth to build it!
I would really like to see more of them here!
Will see to finish my one soon and post the result.

But maybe it will take some days.. My old Tomcat "Mischa" (17 years) is about to leave.. He needs my time at the moment...

I always say " A big model - a big fun". Well done Hesekiel. :D

Just about to make the same observation....Prillers mount was an E-3 with the rounded canopy. this aircraft was later the mount of another Experten Herbert Ihlefeld.

profile from the Jagdwaffe series Classic Publications.

Wayne, what's the bulge under the rear fuselage in that profile? Haven't seen that before.

OK, never mind. Decided to read the caption and it was right there.:oops:

Why did you paint on the green lines 1st

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 58
That's known as 'pre -shading', and is designed to subtly bring out panel joints, through the main paint finish, to replicate weathering. If done well, and where needed, from actual references, it can be quite effective. If over done, it makes a model look like a good model, but nothing like the real thing. It works best with acrylic paint for the actual colour scheme, sprayed in thin layers, and is not as effective with enamels.
Personally, I think it's over rated and un-necessary, but it's a matter of personal choice.

No idea, as I don't like Revell paints. I've used Humbrol for 50 years, although now it's made somewhere else (Humbrol as a company no longer exist) it's not as good. I normally mix my own, by eye.
However, there are a couple of paint conversion charts here on the forum, which might help. Otherwise, look up IPMS Sweden, who have a fairly comprehensive listing of paint matches for RLM colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back