Me-262 flies again in Germany

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

there is a firm in Washington producing Me 262's for sale actually with 5-6 on commission the first was the ugly two seater painted up in bogus JG 7 colours. The Manching, Germany 262 is a total seperate endevour produced in Germany for the Germans ............ to control the world !!!!!, how about snoting on Kim short dong the I in N. Korea ?

No Erich, it was build in the US and then shipped to Germany and it was also given a real Messerschmitt cereal number my the Messerschmitt company. In the World Airnews I read that they had problems to get it out of the US because the US government had problems with the fake 30 cal in the nose of the Me-262 and saw the aircraft still as a object of war and thus had problems at customs.

Neilster said:
You guys do know it's not restored?

It's Tango Tango.

STORMBIRDS.COM - Luftwaffe Resources

Cheers, Neilster

No Tango Tango flew at the ILA in Berlin last month. The one that this thread was started about was a different aircraft that flew in Germany in April.

Tango Tango was the first Me-262 to fly over Berlin since WW2 and this was at the ILA 2006 which I have started a thread about when the ILA was happening here in Germany. You may check it out, there are photos and such not in the thread.

No these replicas are using GE J85's buried inside aluminum Jumo castings. I was able to tour the shop in everett last April, way cool! No pictures allowed as someone sold some to one of the aviation rags:( :( Anybody got a spare 2 million and a couple of J85's lying around? I have a use for them!!!

Even this one? Apparently it's not one of the US built ones. The reason I asked is because of the extremely temperamental nature of the Jumo 004s originally used.

Cheers, Neilster

It is to dangerous and the engine they have now is great and works just as good.

Sorry Adler I thought other wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back