Me-262 flies again in Germany (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
From a guy in my aviation photographer's group:
A milestone in German aviation history: After more than 60 years the famous Messerschmitt Me 262 made its maiden flight from German soil on April 25th, 2006! Everything went smoothly and it did two approaches into Manching. I was very happy to witness this first flight from German soil.

Its first public appearance is scheduled to be at the ILA 2006 in Berlin.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1036451/L/

well I hope Gerhard does.

I've known about this 'rogue unknown' for some time and have waited patiently for this babe' to breeze through the Bavarian skies in fine style. Very fitting to fly off a mnodern day air force base with a colourful ww 2 history.

Manching, a friend lives there, was noted as an important airfield for several staffeln of NJG 101 the training night Geschwader for optics/radar and noting my avatar the origins of Nachtjagdschule 1. During April/May of 45 all types of prop driven planes and Me 262 jets landed in this area and also in nearby Neubiberg to surrender . . .

E `

Henk said:
Excellent.

evangilder you lucky sun of a gun, you are a member of airliners.net:lol: :lol:

Henk

Nope, not airliners.net. I have pics up on their sister site, but airliners.net is too picky with their criteria on submissions. I am a member of Fencecheck and ISAP (Int'l Society of Aviation Photographers).

Whoa, As eric cartman from South Park would say, Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.
Speaking of jets, last summer when i was at the air muesuem in Duxford England my family and I witnessed a F86 Sabre flying over us, performing loop de loops. It was cool.

Vassili Zaitzev said:
Whoa, As eric cartman from South Park would say, Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.
Speaking of jets, last summer when i was at the air muesuem in Duxford England my family and I witnessed a F86 Sabre flying over us, performing loop de loops. It was cool.

At the Chino 2005 airshow, I saw an F86 and MiG-15 chase each other around the skies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back