Me 410 Startup

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I didn't know there was one either. I think that these were one of the prettiest sexiest aircraft to come out of Germany during WWII. I have no clue about the yellow stripes on the B-26. Sorry.

Last edited:
It looks like they were in the process of restoring it because the prop is missing off #1 engine. The video was shot at RAF St. Athan Wales in 1988 so both of these aircraft are more than likely in museum nearby. Terry or Gary will know better than I.

There's only two left that I am aware of, one in the UK and one in the U.S.

With all the reproductions being made nowdays, it would be awesome to see a Bf110 and a Me410 reproduced!

Great find, Aaron, thanks for sharing :thumbleft:

Can't see the video, as it's been disabled by you tube.
But the '140 was restored at RAF St.Athan during the 1970's and 1980s, and is now the one in the RAF Museum, Cosford. As far as I know, it's the only complete Me 410 in existence. I was allowed to get some detail shots of it a couple of years ago.
Don't know of any B-26 currently in the UK, or even in the last 30 years. Couldn't see it due to video not being available.

Terry, I couldn't view the video here because it was disabled, but my screen had this option that took me to the youtube site to watch it.

UNTITLED1.jpg

Just wondering if you had the same option

Geo

Ah, thanks George! Got it now!
This is the same video posted some time ago, by Grant (Nuumann) I think.
That's not a B-26 in the background - it's possibly a Varsity, can't quite catch the details due to graininess. Looks like it might have yellow and black 'Suez' stripes on the wings.

If you click on the YouTube button at the bottom right of the youtube screen it will go to the youtube sight and you can watch it there.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back