OK - so this is where I'm at.
This piece is only a scenic item that will go on my Stalingrad game table - I'm making a series of terrain pieces that players can select from at the start of the game and this is one of the small terrain options (others will include building sections or burned out tanks etc). So while I was originally trying to match the photo, because why not, I'm now just going to finish it to look nice.
I think I'll go for a two-tone Green scheme. Although my game table is winter - the plane of course didn't necessarily crash in winter (in my world, it crashed).
This was only a practice for my large terrain piece - a 1/48 scale crashed He 111.
I chose the eduard Bf109G-6/AS (weekender) model not because it matched the one in the photo but because I identified it as the most detailed kit that would give me all the separate flaps etc - and because I found one cheap on Ebay - perfect. I had thought it might come with the engine block - but sadly it didn't - but then fortunately I found the verlinden one on Ebay for £7, a real bonus!
The eduard kit is pretty amazing - the detail on it is excellent - though you do end up with enough parts to almost construct two or three other planes - I mean it comes with 4 different sets of propellers - which I'm sure must be different in some way, and 4 sets of tires - which have different tread patterns (which is no doubt important to someone) - anyway - it's quite the kit - and in fact I did feel a bit intimidated by it and didn't start the build for about 3 months (I never made an aircraft model before - except a hurricane when I was about six).
So.. I just need to scratch build the skeletal wing flaps and I'll be ready to do the fun bit.
It's funny that the plane has been identified as a Frankenplane because I had asked by brother (a bit of ww2 plane boffin) to help me identify the mark - and he was like 'I think it's an F - no wait, it must be a G ... erm.. I don't know' - and that explains that

I also puzzeld over the 'rusty pipe' but had assumed that it was the thing it had bumped into.