Me262A-1/U4, 1/48 Dragon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good. The grey of the cockpit looks very light though. It could be the lighting.

View attachment 299392

I agree with you Andy, in several photographs the gray is so dark, but there are several in which look lighter colored. These 3 photos are the most representative, and of them made my decision :); I wanted clearer the front panel and side panels that allow look more details and apply the dark gray to rest of the cockpit.

cockpit1.jpg

cockpit2.jpg

cockpit3.jpg

... I hope I'm not so wrong !! :shock::oops:

Luis my friend, it seems the same thing is happening to you that is happening to me on my 1/144 Shenyang J-8H build, lots of bad luck that causes little errors (that end up taking a long time to fix) Although your fixes look great and can't wait to see more progress on this Me-262 :) excellent work so far :)

As for the Grey, if you're working with Tamiya, German Grey is a good tone (at least I use it on most of my late war German aircraft)

You're very kind with your comments Rogi; It has indeed been some details that I must be more careful, but I've taken with philosophy :rolleyes: and have paid special attention to solve, dedicating the time necessary ... just as you have to know, we can only keep learning, practicing on our wrongs and enjoy as always! :-#

What is the Tamiya gray tone that you mean ?, I have the XF-24, however I used the Dark Sea Grey of Vallejo 71,048 I found most suitable. For instrument panels, I used Pale Blue Grey 71046 Vallejo also, slightly darkened.

The time spent on these details was too much, so I hope soon upload photos of my work so far.

A hug. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
Sancer

The late colour of a cockpit interior used by Germans is named RLM66. The FS number is 36081. Humbrol 67, Gunze H416, Testors 2079, ModelMaster Acrylic FS36081 Euro I Gray 4750, Vallejo 70.836 London Grey (FS36081). But you should remember that the colour is the base one used for real planes. For modelling it should be made lighter with some of white according to scale effect .

182928.jpg

I usually mix Tamiya XF-63 (German Grey) and combine it with Tamiya RLM Grey to whatever colors I need (we have little to no paints here, so a lot of mixing is involved)

It depends how weathered/what batch of manufacturer's paint you are trying to emulate :) as Wurger has suggested, those other options are great as well :)

Wojtek, excellent information; now I have as a reference to German models.
Rogi thanks for your answer.
:thumbleft::thumbright:

I share this little progress ..8)

These are the weapons bay and its components: cannon dispensing cartridge, firewalls, 50mm bullets. and spent cartridges chutes...

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

and so it was ... (I failed the focus in some photos :oops:)

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

... I also worked the wiring of the panel rear ...

66.jpg

67.1.jpg

These are the photos so far. :(

Greetings and see you soon ... :thumbup:

LC
SANCER

Brian thank you very much, and welcome again. This way we can be more in detail to discuss our work. In good time and I appreciate your comment.

Saludos :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Muchas gracias por sus visitas mis amigos Andy, Rogi, Wojtek, Huge, Brian y Wayne :glasses2:

Hello again my dear colleagues and friends.
These two weeks I have been absent between workload and trips out of the city.

The detailed process has been slow but really enjoyed the short time I've had ... I share the photos, hoping comments ...:shock:

The rear of the instrument panel was completed ...

77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

The front also was ready ...

87.jpg

88.jpg

89.jpg

90.jpg

:!: At the time that includes all the components that make up the cockpit, then I will apply a coat of matte varnish. :!:

For now it looks like the seat ...:lol:

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

This is inside the cockpit with the side panels and the rear seat structure ...

83.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

86.jpg

With this small step I leave them until the next opportunity.

72.jpg

82.jpg

Receive an affectionate greeting. (Celebrating the Patriotic month in Mexico.) :salute:

Saludos con cariño (celebrando el mes Patrio en México) :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Just been catching up Luis, and that's some very nice detail work. I particularly like the MK cannons.

With Terry. You have a very steady hand L-C as I know how small that darned IP is. Not sure what colour you used on the panel and the side consoles but it looks light. Perhaps it's the shine from your light but they should be the same colour as the rest of your pit.

I have the same base kit and am debating whether, or not, to hollow out the seat cushion as I don't think it would have been there in Luftwaffe use as the crew sat on their chutes. The back rest was likely there. Here's a pic from the net of, I believe, the B-1a/U1 in South Africa.

ME262RIO.gif

I appreciate your kind comments Terry and Andy, the truth, I think I'm infected by the "evil of detail things" :blob6:

I agree with you Andy and really appreciate your opinion and advice :idea:, as you can see in my post # 41 are some pictures with shades of gray for the interior, and some come to vary the pitch of the instrument panels regarding sides.

I used the Dark Sea Grey of Vallejo 71.048 I found MOST suitable. For instrument panels, I used Vallejo 71046 Pale Blue Grey also, slightly darkened.

It is very likely that I have not attached to the general rule, but I wanted to might show off my best "first steps" with such a detailed board. :rolleyes:

Similarly there are several pictures on the net where the seat not wearing "cushion" and not the small lumbar cushion.

cockpit8.jpg

cockpit1.jpg

cockpit4.jpg

In real pictures of other airplanes of the era, I have also seen using the two options, with a cushion on the seat and in others, that in the hollow where they sit over the parachute they wear.
There are so many versions of one aircraft and squadrons with different missions ...!

... and I just beginning to form my collection, I do not know how much time to make a second version of those who I have so far ... being so many fighters, medium and large four-engine bombers !!

I'm in the right forum, "I love WW2 aircraft"

Hasta pronto amigos míos!! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back