Me262A-1/U4, 1/48 Dragon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice building ´til now.
And the detailing of cockpit, gear well and canon are impressive. But I think the latter is not quite right.
The U4 had a MK214 (the description in this picture is not right: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/50mm_BK5.jpg)
But your magazine looks like from a BK5. It is longer than the mag. of a MK214.
And note that this MK had a cartrige eject on the LH-side of the back of the gun (red arrow)
Me262A1aU4.jpg

Bugwaffen.JPG

Explaining the problems that Mauser had to deal with the cartrige ejection:
View attachment Beschussversuche Me 262 MK 214 Oberammergau.pdf (page 2)

I built the Hobby-Boss U4 about three years ago, and I spent a lot of time with investigation around the MK214.

Last edited:
You're very kind to your comments A.E.. ... And the accompanying information is very interesting; I followed the instruction sheet and I have supported with pictures; but not of those details in the box weapons.
Now it's late (0:05 am.) And I did not stop to thank the interest to explain these discrepancies with my model Dragon, yours and the original.
Thank you very much for your time my friend.

Hasta pronto y saludos.
Luis Carlos
SANCER

Andy friend, I hope soon share with you my experience in IPMS MÉXICO contest.
Un abrazo y Buenas noches desde aquí! !

LC

Hello friends of the forum...:thumbright:

I had difficulty to post in the sub-forum of expos-and-shows. Wojtek thanks for the support, but do not let me upload a single photo. I'll wait for it to improve its operation; because they are 2 series of photos. :rolleyes:

The first is to show pictures of the event, exhibition tables, concurrency and some exposed models ...

The second set of pictures is concerning to share the good news that is the first time I attend an exhibition of modeling; and signed two of my planes ... resulting that I won the third place of category 11 (monoplane, single-engine propeller) :happy2:

I think this second series of photos I'll show in my gallery (La Galería de SANCER), which meant my first foray into modeling competitions, I will gladly share with you all this moment. :oops:

And I´ll be back with a small step of my Me262 ! :lol:

Hasta el rato y saludos a todos...:thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Continuing my "turbo-German," I've only attended details that I share ...

... some improvements to the legs of the landing gear ...

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

The damper part that fits into the front pit does not have wide enough for the anchor. So I had to work the piece ...:-k

126.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

With some small parts of electronic and wire, I added a little more detail and the piece as a whole looks like ... (cold contact):shock:

129.jpg

130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

I'm detailing the other two legs of the landing gear and then to apply the first and later give them the color ...

Thank you for your comments, is a small but laborious progress, I hope you enjoy it so far made.

Hasta pronto. Saludos :thumbup:

Much appreciate your kind words of praise friends of mine. :grouphuuug: :oops:

Nice work Luis, and well done on the competition placing.

Terry thank you very much for your comment. Not bad for a first contest is not it? \\:D/ Never in my life I happened to enter a modeling contest, ...a few months ago I imagine it as a possibility by comments from some friends ... and my wife was in charge of putting pressure!! :dontknow: It was a great experience and I am motivated to improve my skills and to introduce next year. :thumbup:(Advice and feedback have been a major factor)

Some high speed processors for the turbo ;) Nice work Luis :thumbright:

Dear Augsburg Eagle and Kevin, a couple of years ago I noticed that the static modeling is seriously :salute:, I dismantled all the cell phones that are going to be discarded at home, and there are several small pieces that can be used for adjustments or improvements in my aircraft. (Suggestions from experienced colleagues and modeling magazines) ... so I collect almost any thumbnail that could serve in the future. ... And surely they can collaborate on a better performance turbo :happy2: !!

I have a question for you and I want your suggestions ...:rolleyes:

The landing gear of the ME is a bit more complicated than the previous (and more now that I want to do well and better ...:killerheadache:), I have seen that there are modelers that put the landing gear at the end and painted separately, ... and others place it before, painting the weel wells and paint all parts, and join them.

Now, I have a recommendation put weight on the nose to level the weight of the model; the 3 legs of the landing gear, have an inclination and I thought to make a hole at the end of each leg and where will anchor to the weel well, put a piece of pin ... to strengthen the union.

What is your recommendation to do so?

a) Close the fuselage and wings assemble. Then with previously painted nose wheel well and then put in place the legs with its reinforcement near the end of the process.

b) Assemble legs in their wheel wells (these can paint previously). Fit the leg of the nose wheel well, apply primer, paint the entire piece and then once the paint has dried, assemble and join the fuselage to follow the process. I can handle separate wings and join them to the fuselage later ...
The joining of the parts may have a greater resistance with the plastic clean and with the primer and the paint applied, improve that joint.

I hope I was clear enough and attend to suggestions and questions you may have.

Thank you in advance and best regards. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back