Members Choice Polls (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
Guys, thought it worth raising the issue of Multiple winners in this final area of each Group Build, seeing as though we had a 3 way tie in the recently closed GB13.

For future GB's do we continue unchanged, do we change the process, are there alternatives for multiple voting to reduce the chance of more than One winner?

What do you think, how simple do you want it to be....?

I agree with others that when voting time comes, it should have a more front and center approach. Make it more prominent so that others vote also, not just the builders. We get enough people voting and there may be no need for a tiebreaker.

I agree, and think that a suggestion already made should be considered - put the 'Member's Choice' poll in in another section, such as 'Off Topic', so that all members can see it and participate.
Also, it's just occurred to me - in the 'split builds', there should be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and possibly a 'Member's Choice', for each section of the 'split', for example awards for 'Modern aircraft' section and 'Spitfire' section of a split build. Another reason why I think split builds are a bit cumbersome.

Last edited:
:lol:

Maybe have a designated judge for each build (different judge each time) who gets the final say?

Just my 2 cents, and not worth much since I don't enter very often anyway, but I find the split builds a bit much. My simple head has enough trouble deciding a subject for one build without 2 different themes competing for attention. (mostly why I didn't enter this current build).
Don't know what others have to say on that..?

No wonder that there are multiple winners. Each GB causes that more and more modellers improve their sklills and make better and better replics. Finally all of them will reach the same level of skills and start to build models being so smashing that.... All differences will disappear and there will be winners only. :lol: How to be a judge...?

.............Also, it's just occurred to me - in the 'split builds', there should be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and possibly a 'Member's Choice', for each section of the 'split', for example awards for 'Modern aircraft' section and 'Spitfire' section of a split build. Another reason why I think split builds are a bit cumbersome.
That's what we did with the Cold War/Battle of Kursk split build, made it GB 6 and 6A I'm not crazy about the split builds either. I want to do both, but don't seem to have the time any more, but I think we should leave the remaining ones stand.

it does not bother me having people tie for the members choice, because its just that !
so if we cant have an overall winner then so what its not like there is a massive prize involved and on a personel note if i was tied with any of you guys for first i'd be happy as a happy thing on happy day !!!!

I agree with Rochie - so be it if there is a tied result. As mentioned on the other thread, do what they do in the sporting arena if a tie is declared ie in this instance award three first placings but no second or third. I know on the punt if there is a dead heat somewhere the fourth horse still runs fourth.
As for split builds - I really don't see the need, but I do not object to there existence.

(Can't wait to see the choice for the "airplane dingus" representing all of our "favorite" aircraft!)

hopefully Wojtek can catch up on the aircraft icons at some stage soon, he has had a LOT on his plate for quite some time now, so we just need to be patient a little while longer....can't wait either paul...:D

The only help I can offer is a suggestion, (as I am far too thick to do fancy computer stuff). If it isn't a real "pain", a mash-up of several different planes, ie. tail of P-51, midsection of a "109, and the nose of a Spit?

Andy, I can definitely take over/help if need be, as stuff like that is supposed to be my job! All I'd need are his .psd files so I can keep the format the same. And Meatloaf, for something so small it wouldn't work so well because we wouldn't be able to adjust the camo.

The only help I can offer is a suggestion, (as I am far too thick to do fancy computer stuff). If it isn't a real "pain", a mash-up of several different planes, ie. tail of P-51, midsection of a "109, and the nose of a Spit?
Could end up looking like the P-75 prototype. P-40 wings, Dauntless tail, F4U landing gear ect.

Attachments

• p 75.jpg
    p 75.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 188
  • p-75.jpg
    p-75.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back