Members Choice Polls

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For my ten cents worth I'd tend to go with Karl's statement. This is a fun site and it is nice to be up there with the front runners but when all said and done, were all in it for the fun and these GB for many just give us a reason and a goal to get a build done.

Some ideas...

First for the 'Your Favourite aircraft' build, last for the awkward Split builds (in this case 'Home Country Modern/ Spitfire marks')

(Split build idea looks better in similar camo colours IMO)

STA53441.JPG

STA53442.JPG

STA53444.JPG

Just sat here and read every post. My thoughts ? One vote per person. So what if there's a six way tie ? You have six winners ! And, I do not like split builds either.

As you all know I am not much of a participant in the GB's. I don't have the talent for the plastic scale, and the balsa/tissue just don't come close to the real thing. For instance, there is no way I could "doll up" a cockpit in a balsa model. You've got all the "framework" of the model in there, and no room for much else.

It's not like you have a lot of real money at stake, here, so the winners wind up with the same icon/airplane with a number on it, in their siggy.

Just my two pense worth....

Charles

I agree Charles, I don't think it's a big deal if there's a tie. May as well keep it as is, but get as many people as possible in on it.

I like your first idea Evan, but I think it's best to keep the current format just because there have been so many done already that it would look weird in people's signatures, unless I re-did them all. I do like the solution for the split build icon though, and will probably use that! And Vic, I'll make sure the rotor's on the correct side. :lol:

Cool, cheers for that Cory!

My 'better half' saw the pics, and just said 'they look a bit girlish' - best to stick to the usual format as you say!!! :) :)

Btw, there were ideas for the 'Focke-Wulf/ Messerschmitt' split build somewhere, mine being the two company logos together.

I still think that in the event of a tie, the winners should have to dogfight their models while the rest of us watch from the sidelines, drinking beer and cheering.

Last edited:
Going back to my horse race analogy. If there is a dead heat the result is always asterixed(?). Maybe the entrys that have tied have an asterix (or whatever) on the award to denote the tied result.

Just a thought.

David.

Well, it seems the General consensus is "leave the Bl**dy thing alone"

...so we shall continue along the same established path then....Enjoy each others builds, help each other as necessary, have a Good time doing it and above all HAVE FUN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back