Men's hairstyles in WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Y'all,

I actually dropped in here by accident. I was surfing the web looking for pictures of men's haircuts from the WWII period, and this is where I was led. I'm heading to get a "new 'do" and wanted something a little more classy than the same haircut I've had since highschool (once I hit a quarter century I figured it was time I get a grown up haircut)

And lo and behold, I end up here.
I don't suppose you have any photos from the Allied side of things do you BB? Bringing in pictures of Nazis to my barber is not traditionally a way to endear ones self.

A fun fact, my uncle flew "The Miss Anita", a P-51, through the war, and did well enough to come home and marry the REAL Miss Anita once things ended.

Hi there.

Well - the way I did it, was to print the pic that I've uploaded to this post, and then I brought it along to get a similar haircut, only a wee bit longer in the back and sides, so that it didn't look too extreme.
It worked like a charm, and my hairdresser didn't say anything about the pics, as one can hardly see any uniform details in the photos. :thumbleft:
You can just photoshop or GIMP the photo you want to use, and remove, color or pixelize the uniform details, so that your hairdresser won't go ballistic because of that. ;)

Attachments

• mischair.jpg
    mischair.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 160
it seems that the German style was very short around the ears and neck, a sideline which resulted in quite long hair on the bigger side. That is shown when the guys no longer have cream in their hair or the wind/combat has ruined the style.

It's an interesting bit of information, never gave it much thought. Thanks :)

Kris

google the name ag lewis south african airforce ww 2 neat pic of his wild hairdo on a life pic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back