Mid-air collision at Duxford- Mustang lost/ Skyraider damaged!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Damn, I get on vacation for 2 weeks and my favorite P51 crashes. Good job on the pilot, was a narrow escape. Als do the skyraider pilot did a geat job of getting back. All's well for the people. Still a shame of the BBD. Have seen it a couple of times her in the NL.

Where were you on the danjama, I was over near the land museum during the display so was on the "right" side when it happened. It certainly was a stunned silence when it happened and a lot of questions as to why his condition hand't been mentioned, which obviously led to fears of the worst. I don't understand why people leave before then because those final fly pasts are the best part; although I was mightly impressed by Sea Furies. Completely off the topic of the crash I was waiting for the P-47 to fly all day...which is why it pays to read the programme and find out it doesn't have a Permit to Fly...

Where were you on the danjama, I was over near the land museum during the display so was on the "right" side when it happened. It certainly was a stunned silence when it happened and a lot of questions as to why his condition hand't been mentioned, which obviously led to fears of the worst. I don't understand why people leave before then because those final fly pasts are the best part; although I was mightly impressed by Sea Furies. Completely off the topic of the crash I was waiting for the P-47 to fly all day...which is why it pays to read the programme and find out it doesn't have a Permit to Fly...

Yeah i was so disappointed to read that the P47G was not yet ready; it's a proper beauty though - a Razorback and that paint scheme gets my juices flowing!

I was not quite near the land warfare hall - more like near the static f16(?) where the road splits, about 2 mins up from the AAM, sitting on the grass. I was looking away when it happened though (girlfriend distracting me), but I remember the noise.

I agree, the closing is one of the most important parts - not just as a spectacle, but because it's a good opportunity to catch the pilots/engineers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back