Mid Atlantic Air Museum WW2 Weekend Pictures

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Hey boys just got home an hour ago from a pretty good weekend. Lets get the show started with the longest running restoration I know of off of the top of my head. Plenty of visible progress on the P-61. They painted her. Looks real nice from a back abit but up close there appears to overstressed aluminum work and the paint is poorly applied. Makes one think that perhaps they felt a need to show progress in order to keep the cash flowing. They are doing their best but this is a job for a professional warbird restoration team.

IMG_0001 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0002 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0105 - Copy.JPG

Cheers

Jeff

I know it wasnt the best, but boy,

She is a looker. Sweet sweet lines.

Its a slight table below my girl FiFi but still worth a fight with the boss about costs about seeing her when just a bit nearer.

I hate it when work on her isnt what such a pretty plane deserves. Slinging on paint.

But i know it costs more then a new universe to even get to this stage.

So keep the pictures comming.

Stirr up interest.
It deserves that.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Last Saturday night was the annual Night Shoot at the MAAM WW2 Weekend. This year's participating aircraft were a TBM, a Kate replica and a C-53 Dakota. Here are a few cellphone videos of the runs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back