MiG-17 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:)

Another Cambodian one:

Attachments

• MiG17_Cambodia_2_Dev.jpg
    MiG17_Cambodia_2_Dev.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 633
Very nice Clave. But two comments. One will piss you off. The other will only make you want to ram hot pokers up my backside.

1) The rivets look a little pronounced (yipes)

2) The Bulgarian has a rocket pod which looks a little small in scale. Weren't they UB-13s with 80mm fin-stablized rockets? I think that with your depiction you have a 20rd pod perhaps? If so that would be a bit larger in diameter I think.

Attachments

• no evil.gif
    no evil.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 478
Very nice Clave. But two comments. One will piss you off. The other will only make you want to ram hot pokers up my backside.

1) The rivets look a little pronounced (yipes)

2) The Bulgarian has a rocket pod which looks a little small in scale. Weren't they UB-13s with 80mm fin-stablized rockets? I think that with your depiction you have a 20rd pod perhaps? If so that would be a bit larger in diameter I think.

There are 5,000 rivets, but it's not a matter of changing them, which is an easy enough job, but more how the final file is rendered...

I am using 'screen res' which is 72dpi... but if the image is rendered out at 150 or 300dpi and then resized, the rivets are much less obvious. The whole thing is an extra step, which I would take for say, printing, but not strictly needed for viewing on-screen imo...

Sample uploaded - and to me, it's like, blurred.. (top image)

The rocket pack is interesting, and the more I look at photos and other profiles, the more undecided I am about it... I'm going to look again at the original line drawing I used again, it may have some better scale clues on it..

Attachments

• MiG17_Afghan_test.jpg
    MiG17_Afghan_test.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 574
No, no, I like feedback - it's the only way to learn, and everyone's point of view is valid. 8)

I like it better. :cool:

And thanks for not taking my head off. It is hard to offer constructive criticism when your obvious talents are well beyond my imagination. Keep it up Clave.

Thanks Matt :)

I think constructive criticism is key; people who just say: 'that sucks' or whatever are not helping the process along. When I first started learning this stuff, I had a severe critic on another forum, I mean ruthless... but I got better very fast, and I can sort of appreciate what he was trying to do now...

"That sucks" is not a comment that has ever come to mind with your work. That would be a comment of a boor and an ignoramous. Even amateur folks willing to post their work on this forum will never get such a response from me. That only serves to turn away another generation of enthusiasts.

I am such an airplane geek that I lullaby myself to sleep thinking about all things airplanes. Have done so since I was a geek kid.

:D

Attachments

• MiG17_China_5_Dev.jpg
    MiG17_China_5_Dev.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,494
  • MiG17_China_4_Dev.jpg
    MiG17_China_4_Dev.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,499
  • MiG17_China_3_Dev.jpg
    MiG17_China_3_Dev.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,605
  • MiG17_China_2_Dev.jpg
    MiG17_China_2_Dev.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 1,674
  • MiG17_China_1_Dev.jpg
    MiG17_China_1_Dev.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,713
Thanks! :)

I have some Egyptian ones to do now - does anyone know when they switched from green/white roundels to black/white/red ones? I *think* it's mid-60s, but would like to know exactly...

I found out what I need to know, so Egypt is go!

Attachments

• MiG17_Egypt_1_Dev.jpg
    MiG17_Egypt_1_Dev.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,767
  • MiG17_Egypt_2_Dev.jpg
    MiG17_Egypt_2_Dev.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 1,726
  • MiG17_Egypt_3_Dev.jpg
    MiG17_Egypt_3_Dev.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,559
  • MiG17_Egypt_4_Dev.jpg
    MiG17_Egypt_4_Dev.jpg