Migrant's Miscellany

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

These are from a series I took on a vacation in Mexico, mostly taken around the hotel. All feedback welcome

Superb photography Mike (I take it this is your name), what I want to know is, do you use any form of filtering on the camera or are you just playing with your light settings/shutter speeds? You most certainly have the eye in picking a good subject and every one of you pictures has that something to make it stand out. Well done mate, keep'em coming.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the kind feedback. Vic, I don't use any filtering but I do adjust levels etc in Photoshop to optimise the images if necessary.

Drove up to a Model Contest in Edmonton last year and decided to make a weekend of it and take the long way back, via Jasper National Park. Weather wasn't great but it did make for some interesting shots.

Athabasca waterfall, my hands were so cold taking these I could barely carry the tripod.

'The Ramparts'

Columbia icefield with the special buses that drive on it. The ice is about 150m thick at this point, and although the outside temperature was only about -10 it felt much colder because of the bitter wind funnelling down between the mountains.

Me with camera (photo courtesy of my wife)

Users who are viewing this thread