Migrant's Miscellany (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

These are from a series I took on a vacation in Mexico, mostly taken around the hotel. All feedback welcome :)

Mexi_01.jpg

Mexi_02.jpg

Mexi_03.jpg

Mexi_04.jpg

Mexi_05.jpg

Mexi_06.jpg

Mexi_07.jpg

Superb photography Mike (I take it this is your name), what I want to know is, do you use any form of filtering on the camera or are you just playing with your light settings/shutter speeds? You most certainly have the eye in picking a good subject and every one of you pictures has that something to make it stand out. Well done mate, keep'em coming.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the kind feedback. Vic, I don't use any filtering but I do adjust levels etc in Photoshop to optimise the images if necessary.

Drove up to a Model Contest in Edmonton last year and decided to make a weekend of it and take the long way back, via Jasper National Park. Weather wasn't great but it did make for some interesting shots.

Jasper_001_800b.jpg

Jasper_004_800.jpg

Jasper_008.jpg

Athabasca waterfall, my hands were so cold taking these I could barely carry the tripod.
cold.gif

Jasper_007.jpg

'The Ramparts'
Jasper_009.jpg

Columbia icefield with the special buses that drive on it. The ice is about 150m thick at this point, and although the outside temperature was only about -10 it felt much colder because of the bitter wind funnelling down between the mountains.
Jasper_010.jpg

Me with camera (photo courtesy of my wife)
Jasper_026_800.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back