Militaria Collecting (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

another piece of LW equipment

you guys know what this is ? in fact I know of at least 1 LW ace-pilot who flys small single engine jobs who used to use his when he flew for Lufthansa as a commercial pilot

mine is a well used piece you can still find them from spot to spot mint almost un-issued

April 1941.............Anforderz. Fl 23825, Gerät Nr. 127 - 107 B

manufactured by Dennert and Pape, Hamburg-Altena

Erich - I believe this "wiz wheel" is similar to an E6B flight computer which is essentially a rotary slide rule. I can't make out the symbology on the top photo but the bottom photo appears to be a computer used for navigating on NDB/ADF - it seems to compute heading and bearing from the direction of the NDB signal.

Erich - I believe this "wiz wheel" is similar to an E6B flight computer which is essentially a rotary slide rule. I can't make out the symbology on the top photo but the bottom photo appears to be a computer used for navigating on NDB/ADF - it seems to compute heading and bearing from the direction of the NDB signal.

I have one. They issued it to me back before we went to Iraq, and I was like "What the hell is this?!" They had to teach me how to use it. The old timers were looking at us all funny because us electronic and computer kids had no clue what it was! :lol:

Oh and more pics of uniforms and other stuff tonight...

Adler, what steps do you take to ensure care of your cloth items? I can imagine that you would need to ensure they don't get infested with moths or are subject to dust or must be hung properly to avoid shelf wear. Any insight?

terry

yes check with her I'd be interested to see what she still has Luftwaffe wise unless all gone

Joe yes you are on the mark as the center whole area rotates 360 either direction plus the faded-yellow center strip also moves used in direction flow by degrees
----------------------------------------------------

a couple of German navy cap tallies with RK winner Klaus Feldts pic, the guy is over 90 years old and is still with us and received a great little package from himearlier this year.

Attachments

• 9251.jpg
    9251.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 200
  • navy.jpg
    navy.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 210
  • post-101-1168887483.jpg
    post-101-1168887483.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 212
  • post-101-1171816914.jpg
    post-101-1171816914.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 195
Adler, what steps do you take to ensure care of your cloth items? I can imagine that you would need to ensure they don't get infested with moths or are subject to dust or must be hung properly to avoid shelf wear. Any insight?

I hang them on coat hangers that are broad, so as to protect the shoulder boards of each uniform. Then I put them in special coat bags just for that reason. Keeps the dust and the moths out. So far I have had no problems.

The hangers that you see my uniforms on in the pics so far, are not the normal hangers that I hang them on, but rather the hangers I recieved the uniforms with. I take pictures of everything as soon as I recieve it, and put it in an archive in case of theft or damage.

Cloth badges, flags and so forth are kept in plastic containers.

Erich are those cap tallies in your collection?

Okay here is the next set of pics from my collection. This is an NCO Parade Dress uniform of a Feldwebel (the aprox of a SGT or a British Warrant Officer). The blue piping designates that the NCO was in a Transport or Supply unit, and the cord is an unit adjutants cord. On the rank should board the button has a numerical 2 on it which designates 2nd. Regiment (not 100% if it is regiment and if it is a regiment, who the regiment belongs to I am not sure).

uni3.jpg

uni4.jpg

More to come...

Chris yes they are, need to do up my K. Feldt frame work as the S. Boot 2 Flottille and the Tender Tanga is with it along with his signed pics, and letters and a couple of scanned images he signed.

I have another 6 tallies besides those shown already to be hung in a black frame with ocean grey backing. the collecting of the tallies is really an almost unheard of thing outside of Germany some collections in Deutschland are vast incorporating hundreds of named units

another beautiful uniform example ~ C ~

E

Jeez Adler, that's in beautiful condition. What kinda investment are we talking about for such an item. It looks pristine.

Also, in gun collecting there are standards used to grade firearms, are there similar standards that are universally adopted for clothing militaria?

Chris yes they are, need to do up my K. Feldt frame work as the S. Boot 2 Flottille and the Tender Tanga is with it along with his signed pics, and letters and a couple of scanned images he signed.

I have another 6 tallies besides those shown already to be hung in a black frame with ocean grey backing. the collecting of the tallies is really an almost unheard of thing outside of Germany some collections in Deutschland are vast incorporating hundreds of named units

another beautiful uniform example ~ C ~

E

Make me an offer on the Prinz Eugen one! :)

sorry Chris no can do............ 8)

No worries, I did not think you would anyhow. I know I would not part with them.

Erich said:
wonder do we want to include weapons here as well or no ?

Yeah of course, they are part of militaria collecting.

I know there are more people here that collect, the last thread had a bit more participation. I hope this one picks up a bit as well.

Agree with Chris, c'mon you guys/gals we know you have some great stuff to show us all, lets make this more than Chris/Me thread please .........

will post more later, in the middle of a project

I wish I had some stuff to post but to be honest I dont own anything from WWII execpt some orginal news papers from my home town.

Great stuff there though guys. Many thanks for showing us your collections.

Nice stuff guys! Love to see it!

I've got some stuff to post (later), but here's a small teaser.

TO

Attachments

• my_Jap_flag.JPG
    my_Jap_flag.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 250
  • lexington.JPG
    lexington.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 199
Panzerschreck 54 from the Ost front changed into Finnish service- note the green paint and SA in black on the barrel-tube. Shield still holds German Army grey paint. picked up by my Dad in 1963 for a mere 20.00 US with me drooling in attendance. When a northern Orygun WW2 museum found out I had this they offered me a Pz Schreck rocket in exchange.............yeah right what am I going to do with that and no weapon.

Nein TO, Das ist eine Panzerfaust/Panzerschrek, Ja?
Due to this stupid disease, I've had to give up my twice monthly 'lectures' (6 groups of 30 + people each, per day) at a location about 150 miles from where I live. I had an armoury that ranged from a 25 pounder field gun down to pistols. Some were present day, some were first World War and before, but the bulk, in the region of 200 weapons, were World War 2. And some very rare stuff included. There was one of only, I believe, two in the world, of an MG15 with water cooling jacket. I used to treat them all as 'my' weapons, as I was the one that cleaned them, serviced them etc. If I can get my former colleague to get some pics of the armoury, and some of the working AFV's, sent to me, I'll post them. Think you might find them interesting.

Nein AirF Panzerfaust nicht

the PzFaust is a single-man hand held weapon of choice, my little toy is a two man weapon, 23 pound plus - 8.8cm devastating any and all armor it meets at 100 yards and farther

Users who are viewing this thread

Back