Militaria Collecting

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Comiso, just a bit of info on that award you have. That cross you have is a Cross of Honor 1914-1918.

6-1.jpg

It was created on July 13, 1934 by President Hindenburg. It was the only official award recognizing service during World War 1.

I have a nice one as well, also set up for Parade dress use.

More pics of my collection coming tonight.

Thanks Adler.. any info on the "paratrooper" knife I posted?

Nothing yet, but I am looking through my files as well as online to see if i can find info for you.

Here is a few more pics (I will continue to post more and more of my collection as soon as I find the pics or take new pics :lol:, I can keep this thread going for years...).

This is another Army Field Tunic with the rank of a gefreiter (Lance Corporal). The color piping designates that the wearer was in the medical branch. Probably a field medic. This is a very simple tunic. Nothing special and is a good example of a Model 1944 Feldbluse (field/battle dress uniform), even the left shoulder "board" is slightly damaged.

uni5.jpg

uni6.jpg

Just a quick bit on the fallschirmjager gravity knife. That friend of mine who passed on had a similar one, which is identical in pattern to the 'standard' one he also had. I seem to remember that he told me it was a 'presentation' version, and he had the documents to support this. It seems they were presented to individuals for some sort of meritorious service, or other special occassion. I think his was polished stainless steel, but he told me at the time that he had also seen a silver one, which he could not afford to buy at the time. Whether that example was solid silver, or silver-plated, I don't know. Hope this helps a bit. Potential buyers beware though, there are some of these around today, which are virtually identical to the wartime version, but were unissued 'modern' German army, possibly the former GDR. A military surplus wholesaler in the UK that I have dealt with in the past was selling them (not advertised as this type of weapon is illegal in the UK) as they were, no pretence on authenticity. I could have had a box load for £1 each (approx 79 cents) !
Terry.

Yes, Adler, you're right. The other knife in my friends' collection had a wooden clad haft. It was just the pattern that was identical. I should have clarified that.

Until I get more pics taken of my uniforms and medals and stuff here is something that is pretty neat that I picked up a few years ago at a garage sale in Texas.

It is a Germany WW2 civilian issue gas mask. Obviously unused...

It is called the Volksgasmaske (Peoples Gas Mask).

zg1.jpg

zg2.jpg

zg3.jpg

zg4.jpg

zg5.jpg

very very Kühl Chris ! great pick up

here are 3 views of my Heer map case and contents captured by a good freind of mine serving in a US forward recon unit, grabbed off a captured motorcyclist rushing orders to the front ..........oooooooooooooops and then got nabbed.

second view has the frozen meat order off the Gefreiters time on the Ost front amidst the special little measuring gizmos. right after capture my sergeant friend used the same map case for his own personal use.

Attachments

• mapcase.jpg
    mapcase.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 197
  • mapplotters.jpg
    mapplotters.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 180
  • maps&plotters.jpg
    maps&plotters.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 178
C-1 EMERGENCY SUSTENANCE VEST

The World War II C-1 vest was the first military survival vest, and the military used it in large numbers in Korea. Pilots did not normally wear them in flight. Stored in a bag attached to a parachute, the pilots put them on after landing. Typical items carried in the C-1's 14 outside and two inner pockets included: waterproof match case, compass, toilet paper, first aid kit, bandages, flares, .45-cal. pistol and ammunition, fishing kit, lip balm, sunscreen, rations, water bladder, water-purification tablets, signal mirror, gloves and pocket knife.

The second picture is a detail of the attached holster.

I think I posted this in the aircrew equipment thread, but I guess it belongs here.

TO

Attachments

• survival_holster.jpg
    survival_holster.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 174
  • survival vest.jpg
    survival vest.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 178
you guys are so fricking lucky! the only thing I have is a luftwaffe dagger replica. my stepdad gave it to me. he got it from budK

take your time Trebor and save your funds and shop around there are some good places on-line, but do your research first so you do not suck up on a fake(s) and there are plenty out there ........especially insignias and badges of all sorts from many nationalities.

Tha map case is in incredible shape and the gas mask tells an interesting story..

Was the gas mask truly "issued" or was it purchased?

I have ration coupons and mini-balls from gettysburg packed away but does this count as militaria?

They're 10,000 years old! (confirmed by 4 sources)

Post-Neolithic Militaria!

Attachments

• ah small.jpg
    ah small.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 245
Was the gas mask truly "issued" or was it purchased?

That I do not know. I am going to have to research that. I do believe they were issued though.

comiso90 said:
I have ration coupons and mini-balls from gettysburg packed away but does this count as militaria?

Of course it does. Not only am I going to post my Third Reich collection, but I am also going to post WW2 from other countries, WW1 USA, and World militaria from even modern times.

Militaria is militaria. It just so happens that some of us specialize in certain areas. I specialize in WW2 German.

They're 10,000 years old! (confirmed by 4 sources)

comiso90 said:
Post-Neolithic Militaria!

That is a great find! Did you find it, or purchase it?

I've posted some of these before but they're worth another look.

Yes they are large bu that way u can see the detail!

Attachments

• 1864 confed.jpg
    1864 confed.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 218
  • 1862 confed.jpg
    1862 confed.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 231
  • ww2_2.jpg
    ww2_2.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 245
  • ww2_1.jpg
    ww2_1.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 234
  • ww2_3.jpg
    ww2_3.jpg
    610.5 KB · Views: 286
  • ww2_4.jpg
    ww2_4.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 244
Very cool.

I have the same Confederate bills. They were found in my Grandfathers attic after he died.

That German money, man if it were still worth something today! I have god knows how many billions of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back