Militaria Collecting (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the info on my helmet, and it looks like yet another mystery on my hands! :lol:

While I'm not sure why it would have been in the canvas bag, it sort of makes sense because it fit so well!

How it came to being among my Aunt's things will just have to remain a mystery for the time being.

On another note, in the photo of your helmet, is that the remains of winter white-wash I'm seeing on the insides?

Thanks for the info on my helmet, and it looks like yet another mystery on my hands! :lol:

While I'm not sure why it would have been in the canvas bag, it sort of makes sense because it fit so well!

How it came to being among my Aunt's things will just have to remain a mystery for the time being.

On another note, in the photo of your helmet, is that the remains of winter white-wash I'm seeing on the insides?

That is not a picture of one of my helmets. I will post some soon, as soon as I get down to Stuttgart and retrieve them from storage at my families house.

ill add my small collection here too.

1st: my favorite, the German Mauser K98k.

2nd: a Belgian M1889 bayonet

3rd: a Turkish M1935 bayonet

4th: a Yougoslavic M1924 bayonet

5th: a Spanish M1893 bayonet

6th: a small collection of bullets, bulletcasings, 2 mortars, 1 FAL magazine.

Ok.. here i will show my small collection too
The medals are all from my family...

h1.jpg

And here is my little Ju 88 collection corner

a "Steuergerät für Flieger-Heizbekleidung fl32403-3", a cockpitlamp fl32260-2, a Kurszeiger fl22562, a "Kühlerklappenschalter" 2 Data-tags and a "Liska" drawing of the 88

The Cockpit lamp is currently under restoration..

h2.jpg

Has this thread already slowed down chaps?

No I could post enough pictures to make this last a full year with new pictures everyday. I unfortunately have to get to my collection, which is in storage at my parents house. When I joined the Army I was not able to take it all with me, so I left it with my parents. I only have a little bit more than the stuff I already posted here at my house.

Here are a few more things from my collection. Nothing special or crazy this time though. In a few weeks I will be down in Stuttgart and I hope to pick up some of my other Third Reich uniforms and then I can post pictures of them.

Das Reich Newspapers from March of 1942.

dr1.jpg

dr2.jpg

dr3.jpg

Deutsches Reich Arbeitsbuch

ar.jpg

ar2.jpg

ar3.jpg

ar4.jpg

ar.jpg

NSDP Armband (small printed type)

armband1.jpg

Mothers Cross in Bronze

mc1.jpg

mc2.jpg

Cross of Honor 1914-1918

wc.jpg

Gas Mask

gm.jpg

gm2.jpg

very nice!

guys, there is a building with the MOTHERLODE of militaria in the town I live in. but the building is closed down. I want to re-open it. but I don't know how!

i think in the first place you need additional funds to re-open it (in case for the electric, water, gasbills)
maybe its closed because of a particular reason (building needs repairs, owner died,....)
you should first try to gain more intel on the building and stuff ;)

I need to get pictures of most of my stuff. Unfortunately other than the stuff I have already posted, my collection is with my parents where I left it when I joined the Army.

yeah, i have some stuff just have to resize the pics and have been too busy or lazy. but will soon. have a few items adler can give me the true skinny on...

anyone interested in some US and French war medals? I was going to make a grouping of Jimmy Doolittles awards, and never finished collecting the lot. No repros! Bill

Not a serious collector, just have a few items that might be of intersts. All but one of the Soviet medals are fakes, but I got them for nothing. The one authentic medal I found in a garbage can whilst in Russia. The WWI medals are real, and are my late grandfathers. The books are mostly just after the war, but are collections of photos taken during the war.

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg