MInicraft PB4Y-1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

machine shop tom

Senior Airman
Apr 13, 2007
Hi guys. I've been busy since spring and have just got back to my modeling table. My project now is a Minicraft 1/72 PB4Y-1. I will try to pattern it after my friend's dad's plane. He served on one in WWII, based in England. I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

It's good to be back!

tom

I finally got back to working on the PB4Y-1. However, I just can't get my mojo into this particular project. While the subject matter (my friend's dad's plane) fascinates me, I'm really having issues with the kit and finding a good idea of what the plane looked like.

My biggest problem is with the kit. It just seems chintzy. I know it's not an Eduard or Hasegawa, but the white plastic and quality just rub me the wrong way. It's not just this particular kit, I also have the Minicraft Ventura gunship and I have the same issues with it.

SO....................

I'm still feeling the urge to do a model, so I have started on another and will start a new thread about THAT one. THIS one will go back into the list of those that will be done someday.

BTW, I have three kids---one in high school, one in junior (middle) school, and one in elementary school. Therefore my wife and I have little time to ourselves..........

THAT's where I have been.

Cheers,

tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back