Model building

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Had a great time today 16 people showed up, the youngest was 10 he was with his dad there where working on a 40 ford truck together. here is a pic of it.

004-22_zpsc7122fb2.jpg

Outstanding! How did it go, other than that?

A lot of the guys are looking forward to working with airbrushes. Weathering was another topic besides basic building. One guy had some resin and P.E. but hasnt tried it
yet he wasnt sure about glueing and painting so that will be a good one to work with. The car guys are wanting to do engine detailing,dechroming and paint polishing.
So overall there is broad range of things to work on.
Whats real nice we are able to use airbrushes so the guys that dont have them will be able to work them.
On a sad note i was the only aircraft guy there but a few others are wanting to give them a try.

I wish you were closer i would join. Gotta love the white stuff we are getting, more time to work on modeling projects. Do you know of any shows close by?Its nice to see that you had a kid in your group. My son also likes to help and do the snap tite models. With all the electronic stuff anymore kids just dont work on models anymore. Sad. Its hard to even find any models and paints around here. Hobby Lobby and thats about it.

Today will be the 2nd meeting we will be working with airbrushes and paint mixing.

Hey guys, the club is going good. there are 24 members now and a lot of them are wondering about the group doing a model show. so any information on organizing would be great I have never been involved in this before.

The first step is to find a room for a such exhibition. Because there are many members who can show their works I would suggest talking with the headmaster of the nearest school with a gymnasium. You may ask if there are any tables and chairs you can use. The second step is to advert the show. You can do it via the net for instance. Also the LHS can hang up a poster with the info about the show.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input Wurger we are having a show Nov. 16

Woody I joined the local...... an hour away thru city streets.... IPMS group and we have a show and tell every meeting which is once a month.

Good onyah!

have you considered club group builds....maybe bring in a "professional" model builder from outside the club to judge and award a small prize (say, a kit of some decription) for first place.......

have you considered club group builds....maybe bring in a "professional" model builder from outside the club to judge and award a small prize (say, a kit of some decription) for first place.......

Well we are having 4 classes box stock, custom or anything goes, military and 16 and under. Each class there will be three places the winners will receive gift certificates to the hobby shop 1st gets 50.00 2nd 30.00 and 3rd 20.00 and then peoples choice will receive a trophy. the boyscouts will be selling hotdogs, chips, and pop. we had a airbrush donated for a raffle. So I hope we have a good turn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back