Model kits

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It does, but some of the coloures numbers does not match the coloures that I have and can get if in need of new paint. That+ the fact that I do not know what some of the paint descriptions mean. "Rat-grey" is a colour which you can figure out what it looks like but there are muuuch more wired names..

what make of paint have you got? becuase airfix give you Humbroll paint numbers, revell give you their own brand of paint numbers, they're different.........................

Ah, it's been a while since I have done models accept my 262.... Forgot that... The me262 is a revell model and I have humbrol paint...
crap!;D

I'm getting a p-38 soon but I think that it will be a little bit bigger than the p-38 1:72 model that is avalible in mhy store....

ev0 said:
I'm getting a p-38 soon but I think that it will be a little bit bigger than the p-38 1:72 model that is avalible in mhy store....

Yeah... 1:72 scale is quite small. The first model I made was a 1:72 P-51D and it was realy small. Now, I almost only build 1:48 models. (1:32 is too big.) For me, 1:48 is the right scale.

I'm quite proud of the 1:48 Spifire Mk. IX model I made. If I can find a scanner, I'll post its picture.

Nice :) The only problem for me is that I'm in to music and music=instruments, instruments=expensive ;D so, I don't have too much money to spend on models...

ev0 said:
Nice :) The only problem for me is that I'm in to music and music=instruments, instruments=expensive ;D so, I don't have too much money to spend on models...

Hmmm... That's right. 1:48 model are expensive. I paid my last fighter model around 50 $ CAN. (44.95 $ but we must calculate 15% taxes.) (So approx. 30 $ US or around 20 Pounds.) And bombers cost easily twice a fighter...

I checked on the American site of Revell-Monogram, and the average price of a fighter at 1:48 scale is 10.20 $ US. I think I'll buy my models directly from the company, next time...

But like you're in Sweden, you're better to look on the German site. Unfortunately, I don't have the adress. But I can tell you that their German sister company have MUCH more kind of models than in United-States.

Nice ^^ Thank you maestro. 30 us dollars is somewhere about 250 "kronor" around here and that is 1/3 of the money I get every month. Still a student ;D haha.

ev0 said:
Nice ^^ Thank you maestro. 30 us dollars is somewhere about 250 "kronor" around here and that is 1/3 of the money I get every month. Still a student ;D haha.

But as I said, you're in Europe, so closer to some model compagnies. If I was you, I would search the net for some companies. Sometimes, ordering models directly from the company is cheaper. As I said, I know that Revell-Monogram has a sister company in Germany. Tamiya as also a sister company in Europe (but I don't know where exactly). However, Hasegawa is still only in Japan.

But I admit that modeling may be expensive sometimes...

as a bomber man i'm somewhat limmited to 1:72 models as it is, althought the largest plastic model kit i've ever seen is a 1:48 B1 Lancer......................

you guys probably won't care but one of my grampa's friends builds planes and such like the world war 1 spotwith camel (only alot smaller versions)

Very good. I like them Black Wolf. We could do with some pictures of your older works.

Yeah nice job. I like the exhaust effect on the sides of the nose--how did you get that effect? Whenever I try to do it, it just looks like splotches of black paint...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back