Modelling biplanes.....sigh

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

YakFlyer

Airman 1st Class
Jan 15, 2007
Canterbury, NZ
Hi folks,

I errr, posted this a few hours ago but my computer had a melt down, doesn't appear to have gone through. Anywayyyy, biplanes...Immm, flying/landing wires. What fun.
Thought I'd post a progress shot of this 1:48 Tiger Moth I am attempting. I was initially going to paint it to represent an ex RNZAF machine which I do a bit of weekend flying in. I have decided to go with a civilian variant which I also fly during the Airshow season here in NZ. ZL-ALJ is a very original workhorse of a company called Classic Flights, which operate 3 tigers and a Waco, for joyrides. A fantastic part of the country, that is Lake Wanaka.
A couple of snaps here,
P1363633333.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg
P1100148.jpg
Tigers.jpg

A couple of photos of our classic formation flown at Warbirds Over Wanaka this year (I am in the red/silver Tiger). Also my Dad looking on waiting for me to jump in for a local scenic flight (from a few years ago). Also the wee project itself. Fiddly, well that doesn't begin to describe it. Getting the hang of it, I think. I have a Gladiator in the works as well. If anyone has advice with how to bring these sorts of projects together please post some suggestions!

regards,
Yakflyer

Biplanes gives me the chills or whatyacallit....still, I've got a 1/48 Grumman Duck and Supermarine Walrus....(chiver)....plus a handful of WWI birds.

What was I thinking! :lol:

Try some EZ-line.. no need for tensioning the rigging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back