Molders (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nxthanos

Senior Airman
Jun 11, 2011
I just bought a 1/48 109F off ebay, the decals were no good the seller included a hasegawa sheet instead.

Can solmeone tell me if the sheet has the correct markings for Molder's 109?

I believe it has, it has the hawk head and the correct chevron but I'm not 100% sure.

decals.gif

You'll need to closely study the pics which Chris (Njaco) posted, as the winkel (chevron) was similar, but not the same, on the two 'F's he flew. See also my thread on his '109F in the current Group Build.

The Chevron/triangle marking from many angles looks like what is printed on the decal sheet but in reality was slightly elongated as the side view below shows.

There are in fact a minimum of 3 Chevron Triangle variations to Molders 109F's

Source : Internet

Attachments

• Moelders Bf109F_final_a.jpg
    Moelders Bf109F_final_a.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 142
And just the other day i won a Hasegawa 1/48 BF-109F 'Molders'!

So I amy make two, one for hans and one of Werner!

As it turns out, I just picked up a hasegawa BF 109F off ebay, and low and behold, it had the same exact decal sheet! Those are the markings for molders, for his plane in august of 1941.

So for the aces build I will make the hasegawa kit a Molders, and the airfix one a marseille!

I was lucky to pluck that little guy at a cheap price, whenever 'hasegawa' turns up on ebay buyers swarm like sharks for blood!

Here's my "Wiener Moldy" (North American boxing) aka "Werny Mouldy" (UK boxing) :)

IMG_2471R.jpg

Cheers

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back