Monogram P-51D Mustang

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

veverica

Airman
Nov 9, 2010
Hello,
Its been a long time. These days i just finished the Monogram P-51D, chose for fun knowing that the Tamiya was more up to date, but Monogram is one of my favorites.
Rescribed, riveted, cutted tail surfaces, new flaps, new spinner, nothing in the cockpit. Model is pretty accurate but fitting is not top notch.
Colors Alclad for the NMF, OD from Tamiya and usual post shading job according to two color pics I had.
Ferocious Frankis was a bird from the 361st FS (8Th AF) seen in England during D-Days campain.
Thanks for looking !
Cheers,
AE
DSC08617.jpg

DSC08618.gif

DSC08590.jpg

DSC08599.jpg

DSC08602.jpg

DSC08604.jpg

DSC08508.jpg

DSC08507.jpg

DSC08475.jpg

Nicely done. Some good pics of this kite at the 361st Museum, on the original Bottisham airfield site, and one of the airworthy Mustangs at nearby Duxford is painted as this bird.
Don't know if you're aware, but in the well-known pics of her carrying bombs, the bombs are dummies, for a Press photo-call !

With all, great work mate!

Long planned to this bird in 1:72, based on side view photos. Didn't know she had those OD patches to the top wings or yellow round the MGs, did you find a photo showing this clearly?

Hello !
Thanks a lot for your comments... I'm back after having lost my passwords...
This last pic found in my computer : profile view and corrected position of landing gears immediately after.
Bye !
AE
okprofil.jpg

Nice side view. I'm wondering if the prop is too small scale and the gear too far canted forward. Not your fault obviously, but certainly a kit issue. Man I wish I had your skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back