Most Beautiful Aircraft of WW2?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And the Dornier Do 26 was even sexier (IMO)

View attachment 586897

Dornier Do 26 - Wikipedia
Sorry, the Boeing 314 blows both Dorniers out of the water.
I've been scrolling through this entire thread. I couldn't choose one. I don't think only one could be chosen. Someone posts a picture of an airplane and I think "Yes, that's it!" Then another pic gets posted and then "Wow, never saw that one before (Republic XF-12 Rainbow)". I'm going with Swampyankee's (2014) and jmcalli2's pick.
The Constellation.

BTW The most beautiful airplane ever built was the the B model B-17, the "Art Decco" bomber. Any other choice is merely the incoherent ravings of someone suffering from the after effects of a bacon overdose.
Not sure if the B-17B counts as I don't know when it was retired.

I've also appreciated the nice clean lines of the FFVS J-22....

1593796460647.png

1593796476795.png

BTW The most beautiful airplane ever built was the the B model B-17, the "Art Decco" bomber. Any other choice is merely the incoherent ravings of someone suffering from the after effects of a bacon overdose.
Not sure if the B-17B counts as I don't know when it was retired.

Funny, I always thought the first Hurricane looked art decco. Mr. Camm would probably roll in his grave if he heard that.

Attachments

• hurr.jpg
    hurr.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 50
Is not the P-51K the same as the P-51D, except for where it was built and the brand of the propeller?

AND, the canopy is a fuzz taller, it has a different profile, subtle, but different. The Ks were built in Dallas TX, not Inglewood, and were usually the "export" model, shipped off to all the Allies using them, like South Africa, Australia, New Zealand?, Great Britain, etc.
That canopy stands out whenever I look at them, it just jumps up and assaults my eyes. That canopy is preferred for the Cavalier and TF-51s, though, as it has more headroom, but it sure is hard on my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back