Most Beautiful Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm late into this thread but wanted to add my twopence worth.

WWI = Sopwith Camel
Interwar = DH.84 Dragon
WWII = IAR 80
Cold war = AVRO Vulcan
Modern = F35 Lightening
Airliner = Airbus A320

Pre world war II- DH 91 Albatross
Albatross_1938_prototype.jpg

Last edited:
Piston engine:
Bf-109G-5/AS in the pale blue gray Hohen scheme

Jet:
F-105D! Peel it back to the raw shapes....see my avatar...sleek, deadly look to it!

Can't see how the Rainbow resembles a B-29 in any way, nor would I ever say that the B-29 is a beautiful aircraft. Not many 4 engine aircraft could be called that, IMO, but the Rainbow is one.

Beauty is in the eye of the holder is what they say :D
The Superfort was a beautiful bomber plane in my opinion, it is an elegant and imposing machine either in the air or sitting on the ground and its streamlined silhouette and sheer size make it an intimidating aircraft that exemplified how much airpower had evolved during the final days of the war.

to me it is the Me 262. There is something very elegant about it that makes it seem very beautiful and fierce. It could fly like nothing else of its day and the swept wings made like an angle that was both a beauty and a terror in the skies.

Since this is a WWII forum, I'll stick with the WWII timeframe and say the most beautiful fighter for me is the Mistubishi A6M5 Zero. The proportions are just right. A close second is the Fiat G.56.

The most beautiful bomber to me is the Douglas A-26 Invader followed by the Amiot 370 for sheer aesthetics. Honorable mention to the Beechcraft A-38 Grizzly.

Sooo many beautiful planes were built. Spitfire, Sea Fury, La-7, Yaks, He-111, almost anything Japanese, P-66, A-20/-26, Mosquito, Italian series 5 fighters...

Well, they didn't HAVE to equip it with a 75 mjm cannon but, if they did, then yes. If they didn't, it would have been a bit prettier with 4 or 6 20 mm cannons in the nose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back