Most Beautiful Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks a bit like a mixture of a Blackburn Botha and a DC-3.

Gbotha-2.jpg

nose%20view.jpg

Kris

I agree with Trackend.

Flamingo_E16.jpg

If anything, One might make a comparison to a Beech 18, although the DeHavilland is a larger airplane...

beech18.jpg

Elvis

Last edited:
DH also wanted to relaunch the Flamingo after the war with a slight redesign but using a single Mosquito fin, even more like the Cessna.

All De Havillands are Beautiful, they can't help it. Its taken 60 years to make the DH 106 Comet ugly, but now we call it the Nimrod MRA4 so it doesn't count. Though I think it is the only aircraft in production in 1949 and 2009 so thats cool.

2 of my favorites are the B-47, and the Seafury. The B-47 to me looks like a huge fighter. And I just like the Seafury's clean lines. No unnecessary bulges or bends. I can't explain it. Just wish it had been completed in time to see action in WW2. I am sure it would have proven a great aircraft.

La-7 meets Spitfire, or, in other words, Sea Fury looks like a child of two great looking parents.

Of all time? Concorde without a doubt. Looks fantastic from every angle.

For warbirds - Spitfire. Jet age - Hawker Hunter/English Electric Lightning/Avro Vulcan. Modern - Eurofighter (bit biased there) or Su-35 Super Flanker.

Last edited:
Modern aircraft: TSR-2 and RNZAF A-4K Skyhawk (biased? Who, me? :))
WW 2: hard to say, but probably Fw 190D-9 or 11, other types too depending on mark or paintscheme...

Not sure if this has been done before, but I've not run across it in my 2 years so here we go.

As they say: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

So, what are the Most Beautiful Airplanes?

Strictly Aesthetic, which ones LOOK best to you.

This is just for FUN, of course there are no wrong answers it's what looks good to you.

Here are mine:

WW1
Albatros - Love those clean lines

30s
1. Bugatti Racer
2. Beech Staggerwing
3. DH-88 Comet – sleek elegant lines

WWII
1. Spitfire
2. XP-67 Moonbat. That blended fuselage/wing and it just looks futuristic and fast

Cold War
1. SR-70 the ultimate speed machine
2. B-58 looks like it's going fast even sitting in a museum TODAY

Present Day
1. B-2 Stealth Bomber – what's not to like?

Thanks for playing along,
Andy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back