Most Beautiful Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

LOL!

Heck, Waynos, for a second I actually thought you were talking about the scooters!

:lol:

vespa_audrey_hepburn_poster.jpg

Elvis

Last time I saw a girl with that look on her face was........well, just last night actually ;)

Ah thank god! We're back on aeroplanes. I was starting to make myself blush!

I think the DH 91 Albatross was a very beautful looking aircraft.

The Italian Series 5's are beautiful.

MC.205

6Mc205N2.jpg

G.55

g55-c7.jpg

Last edited:
The Reggiane Re.2005 is the most beautiful fighter I've ever seen.

Attachments

• 3961L.jpg
    3961L.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 158
Ok, my preferences go to:

WWI
Albatros
Sopwith Camel
Fokker E.III​
Inter-war
Hawker Fury​
WW II
P-51 Mustang
Westland Whirlwind
Me-262 (have a look at the Me-309, the resemblance is incredible!)​
Late props
Hawker Sea Fury
De Havilland Sea Hornet​
Early jets
Saab 29 Tunnan
Yak-17
F-86 Sabre
Hawker Hunter
Supermarine Scimitar
Dassault Super Mystére
F-100 Super Sabre​
Across the Sound Barrier
Dassault Mirage IIIC
Saab 35 Draken
F-8 Crusader
English Electric Lightning
F-5
Saab 37 Viggen​
Modern Jets
F-16 Fighting Falcon
Mig-29
F/A-18 Hornet​
XXI century Jets
Dassault Rafale
Saab 39 Gripen
F-22
YF-23

Uh, BEFORE someone starts flaking my list, I was think of picking one by era, but as I saw that sometimes there were a few that deserved a mention, decided to keep all the ones I deemed beautiful.

If I had to choose only ONE... I'd go both for the Me-262 and Me-309! :lol:
The only major difference seems to be the powerplant, and the lines always reminded me of a shark.

Amazing: I wrote the second post imediately after the first one, and still someone managed to comment before I posted the second.

Last edited:
I don't really see this incredible resemblence between the Me 262 and 309 to be quite honest. Can you provide some pix to prove your point ??
Kris

I cannot upload from here, I'll try to use some pics taken from the net, one is just a model, but I think it will explain what I mean: remove the prop&engine from the nose, put the jets underwing...

Me309_1.jpg

Messerschmitt_Me_262A_at_the_National_Museum_of_the_USAF.jpg

IMHO, the differences of the Me-262 to the previous Me-309 are only due to the different powerplant, and the slight sweeping of the controls and wing.

I haven't been able to find pics of the Me-262 initial prototype (with props), I would like to see if the sweep existed in that model (I think not, but I'd like to be sure).
As for the rest, we have two airplanes with a very close fuselage lines (the Me262 could be more profiled, because it didn't have the engine bulging the nose), both used the then-unsual tricycle landing gear, almost the same canopy, both from the same manufacturer, both first flew on Jul, 18th 1942...

I think it's a safe bet that the same guys designed simultaneously both aircraft.

Adler, your pic is even better than the one I provided, I could only get the backside of the Me-309 (who'd want to see THAT?), thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back