Most Dangerous Position on a Bomber....?

Whats the most dangerous position on an Allied Bomber during WW2?

• Nose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cockpit

• Top Turret Gunner

• Radio Operator

• Waist Gunner(s)

• Ball Turret Gunner

• Tail Gunner

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
well depends on the conditions, there was nothing the luftwaffe could do to stop us bombing by day over normandy when we had total air superiority.............

and welcome back..............

i would say that the ball turret would be in a 17, but in a lanc i would say the tail gunner

well as has been said it depends allot on the nationality of the bomber, you only have 3 options on a british bomber, but many on an american one.......

cheddar cheese said:
Do you mean my signature pic?

The P-38 and Zero. When I saw it the P-38 had only 5-10 hours on it's restoration. It could be from somewhere else though (I don't remember the P-38 having drop tanks). P-38s sound SOOOO cool :D a deep rumble and so smooth it makes a merlin sound rough (the turbos, it's quieter too) - no offense guy's the Merlin sounds great too.

So question, have we come to agree on our worst position? Or sould be break it down by type?

Also I have a new sig picture, any one want to ges what bomber it is ;)

not sure we should do it by type, more by country.................

in a british bomber the worst posistion was the tail.............

an an american bomber the worst was the tial/ventral turret..............

Ok Lanc, thought i would ask. As for type I would ask it there any difference between being in say a B-24 or a B-326?

The records say yes the B-26 had the fewist lost, but they did lot different type of missions. ;)

statistics says the tail it the worst place to be.
Ow, and in IL-2 FB or PF, from what direction u mostly attack a group of bombers? i think almost everyone shoots from the back to take the whole group of bombers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back