Most iconic U.S. military weapon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spam is good bait for catching Carp and Barbel in my local river. Otherwise I would only eat it if I had eaten both my shoes and my belt.
OldSkeptic added: " Plus underwear, grass, wood, rocks ......."

Guys (and Gal), I now regret derailing this thread with SPAM-related comments. Somehow we have gone from discussing iconic firearms to discussing the eating of underwear.
Oops. I formally apologize.
-- Nincomp

ps. Thank goodness I did not mention anything about bacon.
Oh crap! I've done it again!

I confess that I have not had SPAM for many years. It is time for me to "be a man" and get some first-hand experience so I can participate in this thread with a clean conscious. So I put it on the grocery list.
This elicited a "SPAM?! Why on earth do you want to eat SPAM?" from my Wife.

I just want you all to appreciate the personal sacrifice and derision that I undergo in order to be a productive member of this forum!

I confess that I have not had SPAM for many years. It is time for me to "be a man" and get some first-hand experience so I can participate in this thread with a clean conscious. So I put it on the grocery list.
This elicited a "SPAM?! Why on earth do you want to eat SPAM?" from my Wife.

I just want you all to appreciate the personal sacrifice and derision that I undergo in order to be a productive member of this forum!
Sliced thin, pan fried and served with eggs, hash browns, toast and a bigass cup of coffee

What do you think is the most iconic military weapon in the U.S. arsenal? The top three that come to my mind are:

B-17 Flying Fortress
Bell UH-1 Iroquois (Huey)
F-4 Phantom

I know arguments can be made for many others like the P-51, F-86, F-14/15/16. What do you think?
Since we're in the WW2 aviation forum, the choice from the above is ciear, the B-17 or P-51. The rest are ASB from a 1941-45 perspective.

Sorry but I go for the Colt M1911. I cannot think of another weapon that has stayed in front line service for so long, been used by so many organisations, so many countries and is still popular today over 100 years after it's introduction.

Noting else comes close on land, sea or air

Users who are viewing this thread

Back