movie "Flyboys"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lets modify one scene...
The pilots pull up side by side, both out of missiles. Our hero slides open his canopy to draw his service revolver. As soon as he lifts it, the slipstream grabs it, flings it out of his hand and into the waiting jet intake. He FODs himself out as the other pilot laughs at his stupidity.

Just got back from fishing out of Port Mansfield and am behind but saw "Flyboys" and enjoyed it, mainly the flying scenes. No more unrealistic than "Wings" I thought. Gave me acrophobia when the German was running across the top of the zeppelin in flight. Also the German adding oil to an engine of a bomber while standing on a wing in flight was clever.

Maybe the landing gear business seems farfetched but an F4U intercepted a Japanese recon plane over Okinawa at 38000 ft and when he found his guns were frozen chewed the recon planes vert stab of with his prop. Must have been a Marine!

We just watched it tonight. Got it through Netfliks. What a hoot, best comedy I ever saw. Wow, Newport 17s with radial engines. Whoops, rotary engines would be correct. The movie was shot using about 90% CGI for all the flight scenes. The plot sucked and the movie claimed to be based on a true story. Yup, there was a Lafayette Escadrille..true. Yup, there was a WWI also true. Thats about it for true story. God I hate crap like this. I saw The Blue Max in the 60s and it was more realistic. Pearl Harbor was worse though, but not by much. Peeeyooo stinko.

What a hoot, best comedy I ever saw.
:)

Peeeyooo stinko.
39021_Jennifer_Decker_24_122_391lo.png

.....flyboys WAS good, but THE BEST was h. hughes HELLS ANGELS.....that long distant air shot of those planes coming in at each other with those clouds were just about the most poetic scene of any air movie........oh yes, in flyboys, they could have made {digitally speaking} more individually painted dr1s instead of each one the same red!......and oh that rubber tail wheel!.......nice to see a gotha {with lozenges}.......i think there was about a year time difference between some of those airplanes {i think}..........its really to bad that they couldnt find a warehouse full of brand new roteries {le rhones, clerget, obers, etc.}......then, throw in smellovision!......castor oil special effects!........a new old member

......flyboys was good, aside from the fact that every fokker triplane WAS red! and oboy, those rubber tail{skids?}.......very good gotha with lozenges......still cant beat the poetry of that long arial shot of all those {mostly surplus}airplanes coming together in h. hughes HELLS ANGELS........wouldnt it be neat to have a ww1 movie with 'smellovision'......and find a warehouse full of new rotaries?......oh, the sound, with castor oil!!

....ps, has anyone ever heard of a ww1 monstosity british triplane 6 engined berlin buster bomber called the TARRANT 'TABOR' ?......quite a story indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back