Movie Plane Quiz

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

and....

Attachments

• zulu43.JPG
    zulu43.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 146
Three guesses Battle of Britain looks like Duxford airfield behind the Heinkel and Murphys War Grumman Duck. James Garner (the scrounger) and Donald Pleasence (the forger) just about to nick a light aircraft and make for the alps in The Great Escape
oh a last one. second from last Pat Roach about to mix it with Harrison Ford before attempting to stop an airscrew with his teeth in Raiders of the lost Arc

August 2 2008

We hereby order that the forum member known as "Wildcat" hereby cease and desist with any and all replies to queries or questions of a film aviation theme. Its not fair to the other poor rubes trying to guess looking at their 9 inch screens and hoping for at least a small triumph in their quest for Movie Aircraft knowledge!

:):):):):):):)

Can anyone answer me two questions?
1) Was the airborne P38 at the start of Von Ryan's express a real plane or a model, I am pretty sure this P38 was wearing two tone desert camouflage similar to that of the RAF only darker? I have somewhere a picture postcard of a P38 wearing this desert camouflage, was this a genuine paint scheme or a fictional one as I have never been able to find any record of P38's wearing desert camouflage.
2) I remember watching either a movie or tv programme where 2 or 3 B25's are used by a rancher to bomb his neighbour with animal dung, has anyone any idea what this film or programme was please?

These are two of lives mysteries for me and I would be grateful if anyone could help solve them.

As for your firsy question, I believe that was fake...especially since the smoke was coming from the cockpit and no-where near the engines! :rolleyes:

Thank you both, I have just googled Smokey and the Bandit II and three B25's apparently appeared in the opening scenes and bombed some poor fellow with poo, two Avengers were then used to retaliate. Unfortunately this clip is not on youtube so I shall have to watch this movie again sometime.
I haven't seen Von Ryan's express in years, I will have to have a look at it again sometime.

You have to watch Smokey and the Bandit II? Even as much as I loved the first film and WW2 airplanes, I pity you.

I've asked this before, but have forgotten. What was the television show wherein a P-40 was shot down in the African desert, could not fly and was chased by a german tank crew taxiing the whole time. I remember the premise as a kid and even then thought it was silly. Must have been a desert rats or other cheesey sitcom right?

You have to watch Smokey and the Bandit II? Even as much as I loved the first film and WW2 airplanes, I pity you.

I've asked this before, but have forgotten. What was the television show wherein a P-40 was shot down in the African desert, could not fly and was chased by a german tank crew taxiing the whole time. I remember the premise as a kid and even then thought it was silly. Must have been a desert rats or other cheesey sitcom right?

It has been so long since I watched Smokey and the Bandit 2 that I can't remember what it is like. Seventies and eighties comedies often turn out to be lost gems though as back then things were less politically correct and inhibited.
I remember the P40 scene you speak of but I can't remember what it was from though, I have a feeling the P40 landed to pick someone up and that this person jumped on the wing. There was a show called Tales of the Golden Monkey that featured a P40, don't think it was that though.

Death Race. 1973
Yes it was Death Race, I thought you meant Death Race 2000 with Stalone and Carradine at first, which had me confused. Death Race with Doug McClure the classic actor from The Land That Time Forgot!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SbCK9ksA2o

here you go Matt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back