Musician Obituaries

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very sad.

Though he was born in Wales, Spencer Davis and group are most associated with Birmingham. I know (or knew) many of the old school 'Brummie' musicians, though not Davis.

Here's a link to a yet to be updated site which covers the bands of Birmingham and the Midlands.

Spencer Davis Group

The Golden Eagle pub, mentioned in the article was still a thriving live music venue into the 1980s. It was eventually demolished as part of the redevelopment of Birmingham city centre. There's a car park where the pub once stood. They call it progress.

Shahrum Kashani, Better known by his stage name, Shahram K, Iranian Musician and Singer, died of COVID-19, aged 48.

singer-shahram-kashani-2.jpg

Shahrum Kashani

7-Jun-1974 Rome, Italy --- 28-Jul-2021 Istanbul, Turkey

I love ZZ's old, pre-synth stuff, and liked when they got back to basics in the 90s. One of my favorites:

There's more; I've learnt a few of Dusty's basslines for gigs here and there when subbing in on bass. He and Beard were a rock-solid rhythm section.

Sympathies to his family, including the band.

Both are great musicians in their own place! left behind many good songs! We laughed, Cried, fell in love, and in one word, lived with their songs! probably sure they are in a better place, now. may their souls rest in eternal peace.

The cool thing about musicians -- and all artists, really -- is that we live on through our art, even once we've died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back