Mustang manuals

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As a matter of fact, I also have an acquaintance who flew F4Fs, F6Fs, F8Fs and F9Fs (and F100s and who knows what else) and I also downloaded the F4F manual off another thread here. I know he'll get a kick out of THAT. Thanks again, guys.

Last edited:
I thank all manual and info posters in advance, thank you for your resources and graciously hosting them for those so curious for them.
I wonder what there might be regarding the undercarraige system(s) of the 51?; I ask so as not having to got through all of the manuals that are still alive.

Anyone has the Twin Mustang manual?

file033.jpg

Like he said.
Here's hopeing.

I have a copy of that on one of my hard drives but can't find it at the moment. I put a link below to a site that has a copy you can view on their website, just like a pdf but they won't let you download it without joining. This will at least give you access to the document online. Also, not sure what your project is but I posted a structural repair manual for a T-6 Harvard on here last year. Obviously it's not a p-51 but it was built by north american as well and is also of similar size and construction and the manual I uploaded is in super high definition. Here is the link but I will upload the pdf when I find it. AN 01-60-3 Structural Repair Instructions for A-36 Series and P-51 series

Does anyone have any armament manuals pertaining to the P-51 that they can post? I also have a specific question regarding the machine guns that I also posted in the weapons tech forum.

Does anyone know if post war P-51 Mustangs made use of the Browning M3 .50 Cal machine gun? The M3 .50 cal version had a recoil booster on the end of the barrel, giving the barrel a tapered look. It also extended the length of the gun by about an inch, so the barrels stuck out a bit further from the inboard and outboard locations in the wings. I have seen a few pictures of US ANG and RCAF aircraft that seem to show longer barrels and was wondering if these might be the M3 guns.

I don't believe the M3 .50 cal was used during the war, but I could be wrong.

Thanks.

Ron

This is a page excerpt from the 1F-51D-1 dated 15 July 1952 indicating M-3 .50 cal machine guns install, however the text in the manual does not indicate the model of gun installed. I checked my other P-51 manuals but they do not specify the gun model. Excuse the resolution, this is the best I could do with the copy I have for enhancement.

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 6,688
  • 3 qtr M3 MG_001.png
    3 qtr M3 MG_001.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 890
Krieghund,

Thanks for the excellent information! That is the first reference I have seen to M3 .50 cal guns actually being used in P/F-51s. If anyone finds any further information, it would be great to see it.

Thanks again.

Ron

Here is a better copy of that page..this manual is in this thread but a 1954 date.

Attachments

• better_001.png
    better_001.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 798
Krieghund,

Thanks for the better quality copy. Now, if I can just find some detailed pictures that show some F-51s fitted with the M3 .50 cal guns.

Thanks again.

Ron

................ Very Nice.............. Manuals ...............

Sorry for the re-post of the manuals...........:oops: .......... seems that I missed
this one.

Mike

This is quite a collection. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to put these up.

Does anyone have a copy of the Pilot's Flight Operating Instructions for the P-51D (AN 01-60JE-1)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back