Mustang manuals

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you so much guys, I think "GEN FAIL" is the answer ( and not ... TAIL as I thought)

Now Freddy can complete his pit ...!!

I would like manuals for Allison Mustangs (P-51,P-51A, A-36 or Mustang I) because I need them for my recent modeling.

Attachments

• 投稿用2009033102.jpg
    投稿用2009033102.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,592
Does anyone have the P-51B/C Erection and Maintenance manual that they might be able to post on this thread. I am particulary interested in details pertaining to the four .50 cal machine guns that were used in the P-51B/C Mustang.

Thanks.

Ron

This is from NAA Maintenance Manual of P-51A, Sect 18 Armament. Only the pages having diagrams are picked. I don't have ones for the -51 B/C models and if anybody knows about the differences, please supply them.

Attachments

• amodelmanu.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 1,257
Thanks for the great information. Is there possibly a drawing showing the inboard case ejection chute anywhere (without the gun)? I am trying to visualize how the cases from the inboard and outboard guns were ejected. From the drawings I have seen, the cases from both guns were directed into one larger slot.

Thanks.

Ron

Sorry this is not about the chutes.
I found yesterday that "gun heater" in the wing gun bays had been discontinued on the -B-C and later models. Therefore the heater, a box like object in lighter colors can be seen on the gun bay illustrations, was only for the P-51A and (possibly) the former models.

The heater was just a gasoline-air stove routing the air-fuel mixture from the engine carb via thick tubings laid in the wheel well and the wing. I presume the heater itself was sufficient enough to warm up the guns but it looks a bit too risky to have any kind of fire source in the structure.

New type of electric gun heater seemed to be introduced on the later models.

Attachments

• P8030118.JPG
    P8030118.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,787
Last edited:
Holy crap Micdrow, that 3 part series is funnominal, if we could get manuals like this for every a/c type we would be dancin in the streets, so to speek. cheers, Bill Mk-VB, F4U-4

Holy crap Micdrow, that 3 part series is funnominal, if we could get manuals like this for every a/c type we would be dancin in the streets, so to speek. cheers, Bill Mk-VB, F4U-4

Your welcome :D. Actually there are quite a few manuals on the web site in that format, keep looking an you will fine them :D Russian, German, Italian, British, American and even a few Japanese. All in there native language.

Beautiful little manual for this high-back version of the Mustang.

North American P-51B Mustang

Regards

Ron

The link has gone bad...

Could someone please post the P-51B pilot training manua like the really nice P-51D pilot training manual that is up herel? The P-51A, A-36A, and P-51H pilot training manuals would be great if anybody happens to have them...

Last edited:
Hi
what i beleive is the p-51B manual mentioned ( as it is the only one on my hard drive )
I'll see what else I may have, i'll pm you if I have any.
cheers
Jerry

Attachments

• P-51B Pilots flight operation instructions NO 01-60JD-1.pdf
    9.9 MB · Views: 1,425
Thanks... Any others would be greatly appreciated as well. I don't know why you need so many manuals for a single plane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back