Mustang manuals (1 Viewer)

Thank you so much guys, I think "GEN FAIL" is the answer ( and not ... TAIL as I thought)

Now Freddy can complete his pit ...!!
 
I would like manuals for Allison Mustangs (P-51,P-51A, A-36 or Mustang I) because I need them for my recent modeling.
 

Attachments

  • 投稿用2009033102.jpg
    投稿用2009033102.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,681
Does anyone have the P-51B/C Erection and Maintenance manual that they might be able to post on this thread. I am particulary interested in details pertaining to the four .50 cal machine guns that were used in the P-51B/C Mustang.

Thanks.

Ron
 
This is from NAA Maintenance Manual of P-51A, Sect 18 Armament. Only the pages having diagrams are picked. I don't have ones for the -51 B/C models and if anybody knows about the differences, please supply them.
 

Attachments

Thanks for the great information. Is there possibly a drawing showing the inboard case ejection chute anywhere (without the gun)? I am trying to visualize how the cases from the inboard and outboard guns were ejected. From the drawings I have seen, the cases from both guns were directed into one larger slot.

Thanks.

Ron
 
Sorry this is not about the chutes.
I found yesterday that "gun heater" in the wing gun bays had been discontinued on the -B-C and later models. Therefore the heater, a box like object in lighter colors can be seen on the gun bay illustrations, was only for the P-51A and (possibly) the former models.

The heater was just a gasoline-air stove routing the air-fuel mixture from the engine carb via thick tubings laid in the wheel well and the wing. I presume the heater itself was sufficient enough to warm up the guns but it looks a bit too risky to have any kind of fire source in the structure.

New type of electric gun heater seemed to be introduced on the later models.
 

Attachments

  • P8030118.JPG
    P8030118.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,863
Last edited:
I hope this helps. Am pleased to mention that the blueprints of the Mustang is now supplied in the form as shown below. I am grateful to Sicuro-sama for providing me a set of (thousands of ) materials which will require more than a few years to understand, and a joy of lifetime of mine at such a cost.

North American Aviation P-51 Aircraft Blueprints Engineering Drawings (R)
 

Attachments

  • gunmount.jpg
    gunmount.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 2,192
Holy crap Micdrow, that 3 part series is funnominal, if we could get manuals like this for every a/c type we would be dancin in the streets, so to speek. cheers, Bill Mk-VB, F4U-4
 
Holy crap Micdrow, that 3 part series is funnominal, if we could get manuals like this for every a/c type we would be dancin in the streets, so to speek. cheers, Bill Mk-VB, F4U-4

Your welcome :D. Actually there are quite a few manuals on the web site in that format, keep looking an you will fine them :D Russian, German, Italian, British, American and even a few Japanese. All in there native language.
 
Hi all,
found a link on rapidshare but no time to check it out yet.
cheers
Jerry



rapidshare.com/files/.../Mustang_manual_RCAF.pdf

rapidshare.com/files/.../P-51_Flight_Manual_1944.pdf
 
Last edited:
Beautiful little manual for this high-back version of the Mustang.

North American P-51B Mustang

Regards

Ron

The link has gone bad...

Could someone please post the P-51B pilot training manua like the really nice P-51D pilot training manual that is up herel? The P-51A, A-36A, and P-51H pilot training manuals would be great if anybody happens to have them...
 
Last edited:
Thanks... Any others would be greatly appreciated as well. I don't know why you need so many manuals for a single plane.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back