Mustang manuals

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is quite a collection. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to put these up.

Does anyone have a copy of the Pilot's Flight Operating Instructions for the P-51D (AN 01-60JE-1)?
I have it, revised 17 December 1947. Title is P-51D and P-51K. Here is the title page.
I'm pretty sure I picked it is already in this thread, see Post #3.
I'm downloading it again to make sure it's the same one I have.
P-51D and K title page 01-60JE-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have it, revised 17 December 1947. Title is P-51D and P-51K. Here is the title page.

Correction: there are multiple versions of such manuals, written in different years, with the reference number AN 01-60JE-1. So many of the manuals on this thread will meet your request. Have fun!

Hello all!

Does anybody have a good copy of the P-51H Erection and Maintenance Manual?

Thank you in advance..

Hi BC,
The files are smaller so I am able to upload them here,
pilots notes and also a structural repair manual that maybe of interest to you
cheers
Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you VERY MUCH.. I owe you several beers! where do you live? I am an airline Captain and I get all over.. so it IS possible that I could make good on my debt!!!

BC

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have the Erection and Maintenance manual for the P-51B/C? That seems to be a tough one to find (unless I have missed it somewhere). Thanks.

Ron

Hi Paul (McDrow!)

I used to work for Plexus and have been to the Appleton headquarters as well as the smaller building nearer the airport.

It really IS a small world, isn't it? I came up there from the Nampa, ID location ... Is it still in business? Hope so, some good people there.

Best regards, - GregP

Hi Paul (McDrow!)

I used to work for Plexus and have been to the Appleton headquarters as well as the smaller building nearer the airport.

It really IS a small world, isn't it? I came up there from the Nampa, ID location ... Is it still in business? Hope so, some good people there.

Best regards, - GregP

Hi Greg,

Yep its still there and I do still work for the company :)

All the best
Paul

Does anyone have a copy of Robert W. Gruenhagen's book P-51 Mustang? I am interested in what he says regarding the thickness of the P-51D wing versus the thickness of the P-51B/C wing. I understand the D wing was not thicker than the B wing, but this has been incorrectly stated in many books. If anyone has this book, could you possibly scan this page and post it, or advise what is stated in the book?

Thanks.

Ron

I do have the book. When describing the wing, it only notes the -H as having some changes in the wing layout like sweepback, washout, ailerons and flaps. The 'America's hundred thousand' also does not note that wind thickness changed with -D.

Thanks Tomo. Much appreciated. Any chance of scanning and posting the pages that describe the wing thickness topic, and the gun mounting?

All the best.

Ron

Hi Guys,

Another request to the group. Does anyone have any drawings, pictures or manuals that show details of the 20mm cannon installation in the P-51 Mustang/Mustang I that they could post. These seem to be pretty hard to find. Thanks.

Ron

Hi Guys,

Another request to the group. Does anyone have any drawings, pictures or manuals that show details of the 20mm cannon installation in the P-51 Mustang/Mustang I that they could post. These seem to be pretty hard to find. Thanks.

Ron

Hi
All I can find on my hard drive sorry but it is not much
cheers
jerry

Attachments

• three.jpg
    three.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 525
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 551
  • one.jpg
    one.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,004
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have the Erection and Maintenance manual for the P-51B/C? That seems to be a tough one to find (unless I have missed it somewhere). Thanks.

Ron
The Tech Order is 01-60JD-2 or the NAA document is report NA-5629
I have a small part (10 pages of section 18 ) of the latter in PDF if you want
I also have a photocopy of the P-51B&C parts catalog 01-60JD-4 if you want that posted tho that I will have to scan

If you go to http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation/putty-joints-skin-flush-38667-2.html you will see Aozora has at least one page of the NAA report so if you ask her she may put the whole thing up for everyone to see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back