My Builds

Alecras234

Senior Airman
351
2
Joined
Sep 6, 2018
Hi my name is Ashley and I live in North Wales. I'm disabled and use a wheelchair. I'm a modeller and I'm building the airfix mk1a spitfire at the moment. I want to learn about ww2 and i was thinking should I learn about the models I build, if so how, can I use Wikipedia? For example I built a 1 48 spitfire years ago and it said in the instructions flew by Eric Lock, I know nothing about him and not alot about spitfires.
Thanks
 
Hi again,

First of all ... the Wikipedia isn't too best source for the info. Unfortunately there is a lot of mistakes there. If you want to find any info it is better to use the Google. Just type there the name you are interested in. If you dodn't know the pilot's name you may use the type of his aircraft with the unit code or serial number that can be found in the model assembling instruction. For instance type ... Eric Lock Spitfire ... in the Google. When you got the list of all topics containing the word string , hit the Images ( graphic ) option at the top bar of the Google browser. In the way you may see all pictures that fit your searching criteria. By clicking on them you open the site it was uploaded to with other info attached usually.


Anyway ... Eric Lock - Wikipedia
 
Hi thanks so any site apart from Wikipedia Eric Lock - The RAF 100 Schools Project I found this in the search, is it reliable?


IMHO yes it is. A short biography of Eric Lock should be useful for you.

Here is a thread of our member PlasticHero with assembling of his Spitfire ...

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back