B-24J details needed for my Sleepy Time Gal

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
A couple of things right off the get go.
1....Horizontal stab attachments. I've separated the elevators but need something to show me the correct attachments and mechanisms, anybody got anything?
2....The props in this Eduard kit are quite lacking in form. Anyone know if there are 1/72 aftermarket props?

Could be more later, I will be starting a thread for this one as well as my others.

Thanks for lookin.

I can't help you with the elevators. But, if you can hold out for a while, QuickBoost lists a B-24 Propeller set, for the Academy and Eduard kits, as a future release. Also, Aeroclub at one time made a white metal propeller for the B-24, but seems Aeroclub products are getting hard to find. Their website is still closed down since March 2010.
http://www.aeroclub-models.com/

Far as I know, Aeroclub closed, although I'd heard that relatives or associates were possibly taking over. You can try Hannant's and The Aviation Hobby Shop, both in UK, who might have the items in stock still.
Haven't found any details on the elevator mechanisms, but they were normally in the neutral position when on the ground.

Thanks for the replies. Been searching in vein for the hinge and actuator points for the elevators to no avail. I have removed them from the horiz stab on the kit, am planning on having them full down as if the yoke was not locked in place for neutral and need to See the actuator. No hurry, was just hoping someone had a page from a manual.

As for the props. I did see the "future release" at Hannants, but even if they had them I have to purchase a bazillion dollars worth of stuff to get them posted to Oz. Have sent off a note to Adelaide to see if there is something there.

For our members information.
I did find out tho, the B-17, B-25, Ventura and C-47, probably others used the same hub, 23E50, and propeller profile, 6477, so any of these could be used if they were available.

Bill I had these I found somewhere on the internet. Hope they help

Attachments

• b-24m_liberator_33_of_84.jpg
    b-24m_liberator_33_of_84.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 143
  • b-24m_liberator_36_of_84.jpg
    b-24m_liberator_36_of_84.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 141
  • b-24m_liberator_46_of_84.jpg
    b-24m_liberator_46_of_84.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 126
  • b-24m_liberator_48_of_84.jpg
    b-24m_liberator_48_of_84.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 133
That would be it T!
Top and mid confirm mid hinge point, but also perhaps tab anchor point as well. Both trim tabs on the underside.
Bottom one actuator for the rudders which were interchangeable with trim tabs to the port side.

Thanks for spending time searching for them. Couldn't for the life of me find any like these.

Puzzling tho, the square and rounded edges of the moveable parts.

Puzzling tho, the square and rounded edges of the moveable parts.

I've wondered that myself, why square on the bottom and rounded on top part way, and reversed the rest:?:

Maybe someone here can enlighten us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back